Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We use modern development practices to build software, streamline infrastructure, and train others through exposure to our teams. We have earned a reputation with our clients for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise and trust. We extend these values to our strong relationships with contractors, partners and employees, because we believe this is fundamental to doing great work.
We are looking for a Director of Talent Acquisition to lead recruitment and hiring at Truss. You’ll be walking into a strong foundation that is focused on baking diversity, equity and inclusion into everything we do, while also delivering on time-to-fill and candidate / hiring committee experience goals. Iterative improvement is key for us. We embrace marginal gains and data-driven decision-making to stay focused, and pursue mastery.
As the Director Talent Acquisition at Truss, you’ll be responsible for continuing to build and drive the next iteration of hiring and recruitment at the company so that we grow and scale thoughtfully. You’ll report directly to the Head of People Operations and will work collaboratively with Truss’s leadership team and client facing practitioners to meet our hiring goals and timelines. You’ll lead an initially small team of recruiters and sourcers to integrate best practices in sourcing, recruitment, interviewing and onboarding. You’ll also drive process optimization and measure /report on key performance indicators. The ideal candidate for this position leads with a consultative approach, has exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills, and experience managing recruitment and hiring within a technology company.
This position will remain open until filled.
Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- Previous experience as a recruiter, sourcing and closing top talent in a high-growth environment.
- Experience at the Senior Manager/Director level, leading an enterprise wide recruitment team within the tech industry, with an emphasis on hiring for product, engineering, research/design, and operations positions.
- Experience configuring and using web-based Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), preferably Lever.
- Enthusiastic networking skills, with a track record organizing meetups, conferences, and other recruitment methods designed to attract talent to our open roles.
- Experience and point of view on integrating diversity, equity and inclusion in recruitment and hiring practices.
- Experience driving process improvements that lead to efficiency gains and scalability within an organization.
- A collaborative mindset, initiative with a bias for action, and a willingness to seek differing opinions and work in partnership.
- An organized approach that can adapt to business priorities as they evolve, with little supervision.
In this position you will:
- Ensure the cultivation of strong relationships between the Talent Acquisition (TA) team and hiring managers / teams.
- Collaborate with Truss’s Staffing Manager to create strategic workforce hiring plans, and proactively report on pipeline activity to facilitate effective recruiting and hiring discussions.
- Hire, lead, and mentor members of the recruiting team (which will include two recruiters and one recruiting coordinator/sourcer).
- Measure and report on performance metrics that drive continuous improvement in sourcing and recruiting strategies, and partner with team members in the execution of these strategies.
- Oversee the development and cultivation of a pipeline of highly qualified, diverse candidates across several roles.
- Design and implement a talent acquisition strategy that is firmly rooted in diversity, equity, & inclusion principles. The results of this will be continuing and improving based on results achieved.
- Take the lead on filling executive roles when the need arises, including overseeing Executive Search vendors.
- Oversee programs that deliver outstanding candidate, hiring manager and interviewer experiences.
- Identify bottlenecks in the recruiting process and work across the organization to resolve them. Get to know more about recruitment adjacent processes such as employee retention, onboarding, and marketing/branding and offer suggestions that will create opportunities, or solve a problem.
The salary range for this role is. $185,000 – $210,000
You must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
** A note from Truss: We know you’re likely experiencing a lot of disruption as our nation (and our world) responds to COVID-19 and other events – we’re experiencing it, too. During video interviews, you’ll likely see more of our human side. Family members, partners, kids and pets are home with some of us! We promise to be present and engaged, but we may be a little…harried. It’s OK if you are, too – we understand that everyone is experiencing extra stress right now. If you have any questions along the way, please let us know, and stay healthy and safe. **