Chain.io (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Backend Developer (Node & AWS) | Work Remotely Anywhere in North America | Exciting Logistics and Supply Chain Integration SaaS Company
About the Role
At Chain.io we are disruptive risk-takers. We don’t have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build and design a product that improves customer value and experiences. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. As a passionate technologist and customer advocate, you will connect the dots between the technical solution to business value for the customer.
The Backend Developer is at the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the Supply Chain and Logistic industry run today – whether you are working on projects internally or for a customer, your development is critical to the success of Chain.io and our customers worldwide utilizing the latest tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
- You will be working with back-end cloud infrastructure – performing test driven development tasks using a Node.js, Jest, AWS Lambda, CircleCI, and Serverless framework.
- You will work within a microservices based, and cloud service connected, serverless platform consisting of small adapters that transform and move customer data.
- You will work in a dynamic, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers. You will work directly with our integration partners and clients; communicating on integration testing and analysis.
- You will provide troubleshoot issues in our extant services, by spending time understanding the customer’s use cases and reading existing code to determine whether there may be bugs or configuration issues.
Qualifications and Skillsets
- 2+ years of experience building applications professionally, primarily as an engineer working in the back-end with Node.js.
- Hands on experience in designing, developing, enhancing, testing, debugging, and deploying integrations, adapters and user applications/solutions.
- Understanding the principles of microservice development with AWS Lambda, Jest, CircleCI, and Serverless Framework experience is great.
- Comfortable interfacing with clients directly as well as working hand in hand with Customer Success and Support teams, to make sure our customers have the best experience using our product.
- A true believer in TDD, DevOps and automating as much as possible.
- If you have prior experience using JEST or a similar framework for Unit Testing this would be a huge plus.
- Are experienced with client-server architectures, networking protocols, databases, and API development.
- Understand user and system requirements and in gathering requirements and translating findings.
- Highly organized and capable of tracking current status, blockers, and next steps across multiple projects.
- Ability to break down complex problems into a variety of simple and generic problems.
- Have an understanding of, or experience with, Agile development methodology.
- Being a great communicator – not being afraid to ask questions, being an active listener, able to communicate, curious, team-player, and growth mindset.
Who We Are
Chain.io is a fast growing, remote-first logistics technology software company and has developed an industry leading serverless logistics integration software platform for 3PLs, Freight Forwarders, Shippers and SAAS providers who need to integrate with customers, agents, suppliers and other systems. Once a client is connected to Chain.io’s platform, they have access to pre-built best practice business processes including bookings, shipments, purchase orders, ASNs, status updates, documents, invoices, and more. They also have access to other prebuilt adaptors with our SaaS customers on the platform.
At Chain.io our employees are our number one asset, and we continue to be a tight-knit community where each of us has a critical role in our success. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. Our commitment to diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We work together to bring out the best in each other and depend on a rich blend of ideas, backgrounds, soft skills and working styles in our quest to change the world for the better. We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the requirements of a job.
If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Video from Founder & CEO Brian Glick: https://vimeo.com/385263719
Compensation and Benefits Overview
- Our Brand and Culture is more than how we market our products; it’s a way of thinking and a way of being in and out of the office.
- We believe in 4 main principles – Nice, Authentic, Accessible and Professional at all times.
- Our salary will match and or exceed your prior skills, industry knowledge and experience.
- We give our employees a flexible work schedule, where you have the ability to work remotely and set your own work hours.
- WE care about outcomes, more than how many hours you clock.
- A balanced life is important to a healthy work environment.
- PTO overview – you are required to use at least 10 days per year with a soft ceiling of 20 days (very flexible if you need to go over).
- We offer you subsidized Health and Dental insurance as well as 401K.
- Stock options are assigned for all new employees.
- We give you the opportunity to be reimbursed for conferences and professional development.
***YOU MUST BE A CITIZEN OF NORTH AMERICA OR HAVE A WORKING VISA OR PERMIT TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION***