Grafana Labs (201-500 Employees, 409% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About Grafana Labs:
There are more than 700,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include two other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs) and Grafana Tempo (for traces)
About the role:
We’re looking for a manager to lead the UX team located throughout the EMEA Time zone. As a manager, you will focus on establishing new and improving existing practices within Grafana’s Design and Research Operations. Grafana Labs is growing a lot and a big part of the role will be hiring, onboarding, and developing diverse UX talent. Currently, we are a team of 10 designers with David and Diana leading the team, we plan to grow to 12 this year, and more in the future.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building, managing, and growing a team of UX Designers in the EMEA Time zone.
- Serving as a manager, mentor, team builder, and operator for the team itself, creating a space where design can thrive.
- Collaborating with other Design Leaders and Designers on establishing and evolving our Research and DesignOps practices. Building new initiatives, processes, and tools that improve the performance of the team.
- Building strong cross-functional partnerships. Promoting and helping continuously improve collaboration between Product, UX, and Engineering teams.
- Creating a safe and inclusive environment for the team to openly share and contribute new ideas.
- Providing guidance and feedback, both positive and critical, to the team on a regular basis.
Who we are looking for:
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company; communication is key. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind, and respectful. We operate by consensus, you can contribute to a discussion but then commit to the team’s decision.
- You have at least a couple of years of experience managing a UX team + at least 7 years of experience as a UX Designer/Researcher or similar role.
- You have a good understanding of the different needs and approaches required when managing and mentoring designers of varying career levels and specializations. You feel comfortable building strong cross-functional partnerships and influencing key stakeholders to foster better cross-functional alignment.
- You enjoy actively listening to the needs of the team, removing blockers, and balancing providing direction with proper independence.
- You like to organize, scale, and build new initiatives that improve the performance of the design team.
- You have a strong design craft – it’s important that you’re able to mentor the team, assure quality, and coach on skill development. This means experience with UX design, user research, and user-centered development tools and processes.
- You have a portfolio of work demonstrating effective design processes (from inception to shipment) including interaction design, research, and/or visual design skills. You are a great communicator including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and senior executives.
Equal Opportunity Employer- At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.