Checkr (501+ Employees, 94% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As the Account Director, you will work as part of an account team responsible for driving growth, value, and partnership with one of our largest strategic customers (8 figure revenue). You’ll help us grow revenue by stewarding an incredible customer journey while working with fellow Customer Success professionals that succeed through collaboration, grit, and constant learning. You’ll need to get in the trenches to maintain productivity, motivation, and passion for the mission. You will also partner directly with the customer’s leadership team through polished communication and strong executive presence, allowing you to act as a trusted advisor and advocate while seeking out opportunities for growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build strong VP and executive relationships with the customer.
- Be a consultative trusted advisor for the customer by building in depth relationships and understanding the business goals and objectives
- Drive customer value, and create a roadmap for increasing account revenues through increased adoption of Checkr products and services within different Business Units
- Collaborate with Technical Account Managers, Program Managers, Engineering and Product teams from Checkr and Client to establish and deliver shared product roadmap
- Set up and drive executive business reviews at the customer
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Product, Sales, Support and executives) to complete client goals and, in general, be the voice of the Client to provide visibility and/or escalations
- You will foster new relationships, initiate new contracts, and maintain and grow accounts over time
- Exhibit business acumen and strategic thinking on a high level, with the ability to go deep into an account, and consult on and align with their global strategy
- Exhibit deep and up-to-date knowledge of our product portfolio in order to communicate the benefits of new features and enhancements
- Provide high-quality customer engagement activities for high level break-in, program deployment, quarterly business reviews, ROI conversations, etc
- Build account plans for your named accounts that align with Checkr’s set strategy and identify key decision makers, regional approaches, buying processes, current investment, product utilization and new revenue opportunities
- Negotiate and close all orders with the larger Checkr strategy in mind and provide post-contract support to ensure product delivery and satisfaction
- Partner with and guide the efforts of our internal team to support named accounts in pre-sales and deployment to execute on agreed upon account goals, strategies and tactics for growth and then build territory and account plans for expansion
- Represent both market trends and client needs to the Executive and the Product teams to ensure we are both serving current needs well and evolving our products and portfolio to identify future client needs
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to identify, develop, and implement business priorities
- Partner cross-functionally to drive funnel analytics that shows gaps, areas for improvement, and optimizations we can implement through the people, the process, and the systems/products
What you bring:
- Experience closing new business accounts and managing existing accounts with large global/multi-national customers, with complex organizational structures
- Experience selling to EVPs, CXOs and end-users (in the same sales cycle) in both individual and team sales environments
- Proven success in selling an innovative and disruptive technology
- Proven experience in a quota-exceeding sales role
- Demonstrated ability to generate and execute against a plan to ensure deep penetration into global accounts
- Successful track record working with distributed teams
- 10+ years of consultative experience managing large enterprise relationships with deep technical/product needs. You have managed a $15M+ dollar book of business with your company’s largest strategic clients.
- A creative mindset with the ability to think outside the box to complex situations
- Ability to navigate large organizations’ political landscape to maintain and expand relationships at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to simplify complex topics in a friendly and approachable manner
- You are flexible and able to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment
- You learn quickly and are excited to take on challenging new projects
- General knowledge of software applications i.e. Zendesk, Salesforce, Google Apps, etc.
- You enjoy planning, adjusting, executing, winning, and celebrating as a team.
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $128,000-$150,000. This position is also eligible to participate in Checkr’s commission plan/bonus plan.