Chromatic (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
You will join our team as our first designated sales development hire. You will be the main point of contact between Chromatic and prospective enterprise customers. You will lead the sales process from start to finish and have significant responsibilities from day one.
Your immediate responsibilities will be focused on streamlining our sales processes and helping to identify high potential customers within our existing free user base. You’ll work to build the foundation for a world-class sales team that can support our growing business and customer base.
- Inbound lead management: lead customer calls to address questions about Chromatic – the product, its features, pricing, and enterprise plans – to make sure customers are equipped to make the best purchasing decision
- Deal facilitation: own the sales process from start to finish, including negotiations, security questionnaires, contract signing, and initial onboarding
- Outbound sales development: pursue opportunities to improve our outbound sales efforts, which may include emailing and market research
- Qualified lead management: analyze our existing customer data to determine which free accounts represent the greatest near term opportunities
- Process improvement: identify opportunities to streamline our current sales processes and then execute on your decided strategy
- 2+ years of experience working in sales or business development at a fast-growing technology company
- A good listener who enjoys interacting with others and is open to feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills that will enable you to develop relationships with potential customers
- Experience with sourcing high quality inbound leads via a variety of channels
- Demonstrated track record managing a sales pipeline and leading a sales process from initial contact to signed contract
- Tech-savvy with the ability to learn new tools quickly and find tools to help automate workflows
- A self-starter looking to grow and willing to own projects from start to finish with limited supervision
Why work here?
Build the tools behind the biggest sites. Our products help companies develop UIs for hundreds of millions of people.
Have a big impact and learn a ton by working across open source, cloud services, and developer experience. You’ll ship products you can be proud of.
Now is the best time to join. Storybook is one of the fastest growing open source projects with wide adoption. We’re profitable and scaling quickly with customers like Shopify, Adobe, and BBC.
- Be respectful
- Take pride in the work
- Invest in each other
- Inspire others to grow
- Outcome over ego
- Don’t overthink it
- This is supposed to be fun
- Work from anywhere
- Annual retreats
- Health benefits for you and yours
- Parent and family-friendly
- Home office setup stipend
- Learning stipend
- Unlimited vacation
Everyone talks to customers
The best way to serve customers is to talk to them. We schedule one day a week for you to get to know our users first-hand. You’ll learn about their challenges, answer questions, implement improvements, and support their success.
Our top secret business model
Build an open source project to scratch our own itch. Build production-grade cloud services that complement the open source project. Use that money to build more open source stuff. Along the way, make UI development faster and more satisfying for everyone. About us
Join an inclusive team
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate based on race, nationality, belief system, sexual orientation, gender, age, military service, marital or partnership status, family or parental status, disability or any other status protected by law. View other openings