At AllStripes, we are dedicated to unlocking new treatments for people affected by rare disease. There are 7,000 rare diseases affecting 1 in 10 people globally, yet less than 5% of conditions have an FDA-approved therapy. The rare disease drug R&D market is growing at an unprecedented rate, making up over 50% of all novel drugs approved by the FDA in the last year. AllStripes’ two-sided consumer-facing and enterprise software platform serves 1) rare disease patients by showing them their own impact on drug development and 2) life sciences customers by sharing critical disease insights not available anywhere else.
Everyone at AllStripes is driven by a deep commitment to our mission, a passion for problem solving, and an openness to vulnerability. We regard our culture as one of the products we offer. As a team, we practice conscious leadership, where we are committed to supporting each other to be curious, open, and playful in order to build a connected, creative, and energetic work culture (for more information, visit conscious.is).
We are looking for an Account Executive to lead business development efforts with biopharma customers. You should be excited about making an impact in rare disease and redefining the current system in drug development. You are someone who is resourceful, endlessly curious, relationship-driven, and a great communicator. As part of our early team, you will help to shape and define life sciences partnerships strategy and execution.
What You’ll Do
- Drive business development and pipeline development activities with biopharma customers from qualification, proposal, to close.
- Anticipate customer questions; uncover customers’ unique needs; and lead the representation of AllStripes’ platform offering across clinical, regulatory, medical, and commercial departments within biopharma.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and leverage marketing materials to qualify leads into sales opportunities.
- Lead proposal strategy and development in collaboration with the CEO to ensure client needs are addressed and pricing is appropriate.
- Maintain close relationships with customer success team to identify new opportunities for account growth.
- Deliver sales performance against new, existing and renewal business objectives: 1) New business – align with prospect’s needs to innovative solution to real disease challenges 2) Expansion opportunity – ability to work closely with AllStripes Life Science Partnership (LSP) team to identify expansion opportunities with existing client 3) Renewals – renewal attainment for existing book of business working closely with the LSP team.
- Work cross-functionally with product, research marketing, engineering, operations teams within AllStripes to translate learnings and requests from customers into opportunities to develop our platform.
- Record and track all opportunities in AllStripes CRM platform to ensure accurate assessment of the pipeline by product, stage, ARR and closed opportunities.
Who You Are
- You’re an individual with a passion for the healthcare industry, an analytical approach to problem solving, and an innate strength for building relationships. You should be highly motivated to make a meaningful impact on the lives of rare disease patients and the drug development system as a whole. You’re a kind, self-starting, and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback.
- You have 5+ years of experience in customer-facing roles of increasing responsibility, delivering products, services, or analyses to biopharma companies.
- You have a track record of success in developing long term business relationships with biopharma companies and experience owning customer relationships.
- You are a top performer with a history of being a leader in terms of total sales and quota attained on an annual basis.
- You can juggle many different priorities, have a start-up mindset, and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication, with strong listening skills.
- You have the agility to work across and develop relationships with diverse, cross-functional teams
- You are proactive, comfortable with ambiguity, and can strategically “see around corners“ when learning from customers.
What We Offer
- 90% covered medical, dental, and vision plans for you + 75% coverage for dependents
- Flexible PTO + 14 paid holidays per year
- $1,250 workstation set-up budget (in addition to your laptop, monitor, and peripherals) + monthly cell & internet reimbursement ($75 and $50, respectively)
- 12-week parental leave policy for all new parents
- HSA contribution + FSA
- Team lunches & activities (free Thursday lunch)
We’re dedicated to jumpstarting new research to accelerate treatments for rare disease patients. Everyone at AllStripes is driven by a deep commitment to our mission, a passion for problem solving, and an interest in constantly improving how things can be done.
If our mission resonates with you, and you only match some of these attributes, we hope you apply regardless. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, and enthusiastically encourage people from historically underrepresented groups in tech to apply to AllStripes.
We can’t wait to learn more about you!