CaptivateIQ (201-500 Employees, 504% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Created by a team with decades of commissions experience, CaptivateIQ is pioneering the new standard in commission management and enabling companies to reclaim the power of incentives.
Calculating commissions is mission-critical. And it’s really, really hard. Each company has a unique commission structure that involves far more calculations and data than a typical salary payroll — and for many, commission is one of the largest expenses on the P&L statement.
When CaptivateIQ was founded in 2017, compensation leaders were tracking and managing sales data using costly legacy software or, in the worst cases, a single spreadsheet. There were no other options but to use opaque, error-prone processes to manage commissions. Our founders knew this could be better. So they created the solution that they’d want to use: CaptivateIQ.
Today, the best teams use CaptivateIQ to strategically manage and maximize the power of incentives. Twenty-eight of the Forbes Cloud 100, including leading brands like Amplitude, Gong, and Hopin, use CaptivateIQ to power their commission programs. We have over $164.6M in funding from ICONIQ, Sequoia, Accel, Workday Ventures, Sapphire, Y Combinator, Amity Ventures, GTMFund, S28 Capital, and other top investors. We’ve grown over 3x by all measures in the past year – including revenue, customers, and employees – and we’re searching for more great folks such as yourself to help us transform the world of commission management.
We’re proud of our 5.0 rating on Glassdoor. Our remote team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, which helps us better serve our customers and each other. People are at the heart of our open and inclusive organization, and we bring transparency, humility, and respect to everything that we do.
About the role
At CaptivateIQ, we align companies and teams together through the power of incentives. We reward hard work, and those rewards are not dependent on antiquated software or manual processes. That’s why we’ve created a scalable, flexible solution to transform the world of incentive compensation.
We believe that our employees deserve transparency in their success and that they, just like commission plans, should not be forced to fit into molds or templates. Our growing team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, creating an open and inclusive organization.
As an Account Manager, you will be a key member of the team supporting our SMB customers by creating win-win outcomes to ensure the long-term success of our partnerships. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, customer-obsessed, and always looking to improve. You are a well-rounded salesperson, capable of engaging in business-level conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including the CFO, CRO, and VP of Sales. You are used to continuously adding value with each customer interaction and enjoy selling products that require deep product knowledge. Finally, you enjoy building – you like to actively participate in the development of our sales processes and want to make an impact at a high-growth startup!
If you’re motivated, smart, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you!
What You Will Do
- Support our existing SMB customers through commercial conversations focused on retention and growth.
- Manage a high volume of renewal and upsell transactions across ~300 Accounts.
- Partner closely with Customer Success to track implementation progress, understand customer health, identify expansion opportunities and mitigate risk.
- Strong opportunity management and accurate weekly forecasting to sales leadership.
- Proactively build and close expansion opportunities (upsell, add-on, etc.).
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of our customers' specific pain points and how the CaptivateIQ platform addresses them.
- Develop an understanding of the current market landscape and our competitive strategy.
- Sales background; quota-carrying with a track record of overachievement.
- Strong presentation and communication skills in person, via email, and on the phone.
- Trained in contract negotiations and objection handling.
- Organized with strong project and time management skills.
- Experience working cross-functionally with Customer Success, Product, Support, Marketing, Billing, and other functions.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Solutions and results/goals-oriented mindset.
- Past experience in Commissions.
- Proficiency with popular CRMs (e.g. Salesforce) and Customer Success tools (e.g. ClientSuccess).
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent