** A note from Truss: We know you’re likely experiencing a lot of disruption as our nation (and our world) responds to COVID-19 – we’re experiencing it, too. There are two things we want you to know when it comes to hiring. First, we’re financially stable. We have a variety of well-established government contracts that we expect to continue over the next few years. Also, we’re winning new work, and we have a robust rainy day fund. Second, during video interviews, you’ll likely see more of our human side. Family members, partners, kids and pets are home with some of us! We promise to be present and engaged, but we may be a little…harried. It’s OK if you are, too – we understand that everyone is experiencing extra stress right now. If you have any questions along the way, please let us know, and stay healthy and safe. **
* This position will be open to applications until 9AM PST on Monday, 6/14/21
Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government (primarily federal, but also state and local). We practice and advocate modern development practices to build software and streamline infrastructure. As a Truss Accounting Manager you will facilitate bringing our values to clients and help drive toward understanding what their end users truly need.
We are seeking an empathetic, driven, curious, and quick-learning Accounting Manager to join our Finance team. The person we hire for this role will report to our Controller. A position with Truss will allow you to develop a rich skill-set working in an energetic yet balanced environment with a cross-functional team of curious, helpful people.
Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- Great communication! Including thoughtful listening skills, the ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly, and the ability to communicate well in writing.
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative, and positive mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
- 5-7 years relevant accounting experience, preferably in public accounting, and experience managing monthly close activities.
- Familiarity with government contracting accounting requirements and strong understanding of US GAAP.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks that adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- High proficiency with QuickBooks Online, Excel, and Google Sheets.
- Experience with Bill.com and Expensify a plus.
In this position you will:
- Own and manage the timely and accurate completion of the month end close process.
- Review monthly account reconciliations, journal entries, and financial statements for accuracy and compliance with GAAP.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations, including cash forecasting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and expense reporting.
- Provide oversight of the payroll function with a fully distributed workforce in various US states.
- Manage outsourced accounting team and provide training and guidance.
- Participate in the annual audit and tax process by providing all documentation requested by our CPA firm, and answering questions.
- Drive process improvements and automation efforts to streamline accounting operations.
- Adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business expands.
- Assist the Controller in various ongoing and ad-hoc projects or initiatives (e.g., system implementation, management reporting on KPIs, and financial analysis).
The salary range for this position is $95,000 to $121,000.
Eligibility: You must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.