Risk Strategies (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Risk Strategies Company (RSC) is a privately-held, national firm with offices across the country.
Accounts Payable Analyst
- United States
Risk Strategies is a top national specialty insurance brokerage and risk management firm assisting organizations and individuals to simplify the process of protecting assets, offering benefits and minimizing liability. With over 115 offices and 2,400 employees across the US & Canada, we thrive on our passion to be ranked a Best Places to Work since 2018 by our most important asset, our employees. For 2020, Risk Strategies was named 6th Fastest Growing Firm, 12th Largest Personal Lines Broker, 11th largest privately-held P&C Broker and the 16th largest US Broker by Insurance Journal.
Responsible for handling a group of Insurance/Brokerage companies. You will collect statements/invoices for each carrier and be responsible for paying them on schedule and on-time. Included is the responsibility for keeping each carrier’s payable clean and up to date.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepares and submits carrier payments for each of the insurance/brokerage companies
- Identifies and resolves any billing discrepancies before issuing payment to carriers
- Must be proactive in reaching out to Account Managers, via WorkSmart tasking, regarding payments due, billing issues, and company invoices required for backup
- Must keep a running account current with any omitted items which ties to tasks in the to-do list in WorkSmart
- Corresponds with insurance/brokerage companies on daily basis
- Runs weekly Subsidiary Aged report to identify invoices available to pay
- Must be familiar with carriers; contacts and billing cycle for each
- Minimum, Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Two years Accounting experience/education
- Experience with in insurance accounting a plus
- Experience with AMS360 a definite plus
- Be well versed in Excel and Word