Kindbody (201-500 Employees, 437% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Kindbody is a leading fertility and family-building benefits provider for employers offering comprehensive virtual and in-person care.
Kindbody’s clinically managed program includes fertility assessments and education, fertility preservation, genetic testing, in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor and surrogacy services, and adoption, as well as physical, mental, and emotional support from preconception through postpartum. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for more than 80 employers, covering more than 450,000 lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of high-quality care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all.
Kindbody has raised $150 million in funding from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, GV (formerly Google Ventures), RRE Capital, Claritas Health Ventures, Rock Springs Capital, NFP Ventures, and TQ Ventures. Visit www.kindbody.com. and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin.
About the Role
As an experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. We are looking for a dedicated professional to join our team to support our Revenue Cycle Management team.
This role will have a large emphasis on customer relations- you must be comfortable interacting, communicating, and working directly with patients. This role is remote.
- Provide administrative support, managing all communications relating to incoming insurance remittance and patient invoices.
- Maintain knowledge of company policies, audit patient ledgers, organize invoices and begin the collections process for patient accounts with past-due balances.
- Maintaining appropriate documentation and notes of collection activities.
- Handle patient intake phone calls and email inquiries, review light clinical information, and review out of network insurance information with the patient
- Ensure timely follow up on all unpaid claims utilizing monthly aging reports
- Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments
- Research and resolve any discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections
- Set up patient payment plans and work collection accounts
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information
- Process claims and post payments.
- Process insurance payments, including balance billing to secondary insurance and/or directly to patients.
- Analyze rejected and outstanding claims, troubleshoot errors and rejection codes, and correct and re-submit all denied claims.
- Properly note system and maintain all documentation required for compliant claim submission.
- Prepare and process refund requests.
- Verify and post deposit amounts.
- Update patient accounts, including verification of insurance coverage and changes in patient information, with appropriate documentation.
- Reporting payer issues to leadership and assist in the development of strategies and tactics to address and resolve
- Prepare accounts for collections and work with outside collection agencies.
- Respond to a high volume of telephone inquiries in a positive and professional manner, resolve and follow up on all issues within designated timeframes.
- Meet positional metrics and benchmarks.
- Maintain the highest degree of ethics when handling patient payments and bill processing
- Follow all department standard operating procedures carefully and accurately
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
General Administrative Duties:
- Manage inbound customer communication (phone, email & chat) and ensure all messages are answered in a timely fashion
- Maintain clear communication with the clinics about overall clinic operations
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Who you are:
- 2+ years of healthcare finance reporting payer issues to leadership and assist in the development of strategies and tactics to address and resolvecial experience in a fast-paced, customer focused environment, Fertility clinic experience, a plus
- Experience in billing specifically in patient benefit details, reconciling insurance Explanation of Benefits and patient invoicing
- A passion for women’s health, fertility is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills & a team player
- Willingness to be flexible, roll with the punches, multi-task and troubleshoot problems
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Exemplifies amazing customer service skills and professionalism
- Experience in CPT and ICD-10 coding; familiarity with medical terminology
- Ability to manage relationships with various insurance payers
- Experience in filing claim appeals with insurance companies to ensure maximum entitled reimbursement.
- Certificate from an accredited medical and billing school.
Perks and Benefits
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; free Pelotoon membership, equity offering, monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Any candidate seeking employment at Kindbody will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.
Please note that Kindbody interview requests and job offers only originate from an @kindbody.com email address. Kindbody will also never ask for bank account information (including routing or account numbers), social security numbers, passwords or any other sensitive information to be delivered over email or phone. Always reference our career site, careersatkindbody, to see if the position that you are applying to is legitimate. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Kindbody please notify us at [email protected].
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.