Interaction Design Foundation - IDF (11-50 Employees, 109% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Interaction Design Foundation is a ten year old, transformative, non-profit community
Are you a strong communicator and troubleshooter? Do you have an eye for detail and a desire to help people achieve their goals through online learning? Do you enjoy working cross-functionally to solve problems through research and organization planning; along with the desire to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, this might be the role for you.
Join a fantastic team who dedicate their days to improving people’s lives and careers through the power of design. Trusted by over 110,000 members and fortune 500 companies, Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF) is looking for an Admin and Support Specialist to support our rapidly growing team and help us continue to provide our members with the best possible online learning experience.
If you’re ready to help our community and, in turn, change the future of education, then you’ve come to the right place!
What you will be doing
You will help us achieve our vision of becoming the best and most recognized design school on the planet. Ahead of you is an enriching journey on which you will make an impact as you:
- Correspond daily with our existing and prospective members across multiple channels, answer their questions and solve their problems.
- Act as an ambassador of our brand and maintain our excellent reputation. It’s a big responsibility but also a gratifying one!
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various teams to improve internal workflows operations as well as the user experience of the platform.
- Perform general administrative and ad-hoc projects and support extended team members as needed.
- Maintain and improve documentation around our workflow and processes, focusing on continuity of style, consistency, reuse.
- Assist our course instructors in their daily work and, in turn, develop your knowledge of key concepts in the field of UX design.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with ad-hoc projects of varying complexities.
- You get excited about helping others and feeling their gratitude.
- You are resourceful and autonomous when taking on new tasks and projects relying on problem-solving skills to make it all work.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness are second nature to you.
- You enjoy solving ad-hoc problems and meeting specific needs of different people. You even relish solving issues before they arise or that may have gone unsaid.
- You have outstanding written communication skills and a strong desire to learn and help out where necessary.
- You know what ownership of a task means and how to deliver it.
- You crave consistency and are not easily distracted, even when faced with repetitive patterns of work.
- You are resilient to setbacks, and when things go off-track, you can bounce back and even provide valuable solutions along the way.
- You are self-motivated and self-disciplined and thus work well in a flat hierarchy with lots of freedom and minimal supervision.
You get bonus points if you …
- have technical writing experience.
- have experience with working remotely.
- are already a member of the Interaction Design Foundation.
- have a passion for, or are proficient in, design.
What can we offer?
- A full-time, fully remote position with the world’s biggest online design school.
- Regular video-based contact with your colleagues and meet them on team trips 1–2 times a year in different places on the planet.
- The chance to impact the lives of tens of thousands of designers around the world and put smiles on their faces as you ease their learning journeys.
- The opportunity to do the best work of your life—if you’re willing to invest hard work.
- A culture of learning and excellence—coupled with care and respect.
- A huge potential within our team to grow new skills and develop yourself professionally.