eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
- Define and iterate the vision and strategy for our Automated Ad Blocking team
- Facilitate alignment with the Core Technology Unit’s strategy
- Facilitate communication and decision-making between different engineering teams and stakeholders
- Identify, analyse, and quantify the value proposition for new opportunities.
- Articulate the cost-benefit analysis of proposed opportunities
- Manage strategic data acquisition for various AI efforts. Perform gap analysis on existing data, and drive the acquisition of the right quality and quantity of new data.
- Work with product teams to understanding client base, future direction, and currently identified areas targeted for growth
- Prepare and manage the products’ backlog, write and prioritize stories, and work with the team to develop them for implementation
- Work on alignment efforts to ensure product delivery.
- Define the data metrics or feedback required to validate the team’s goals, and ensure those metrics are available to everyone in the company
- Attend all team meetings and be responsible for owning the team’s planning, refinement and review meetings.
- At least 4 years experience working as a product or program manager, technical evangelist, or a data scientist.
- An ability to lead cross-functional teams and collaborate with stakeholders effectively.
- Experience working in agile teams.
- Demonstrated experience in working with AI efforts (whether in a personal or professional capacity).
- Demonstrated ongoing commitment to learning about AI (courses, books, or side projects etc).
- Hands-on experience with modern machine learning libraries, frameworks, and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and proactive personality, with creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Experience working with team members distributed across multiple time-zones.
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.