Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for its leading solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently launched the first-ever family safety membership with comprehensive services designed for every family milestone and life stage. Life360 is used by nearly 1 in 10 US families (who use Life360 an average of 10 times a day!) and reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Unrivaled growth in the family tech space has positioned Life360 as the largest mobile service for families in the world with over 25 million active users in over 140 countries as of September 2020.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings across our free and paid plans: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offerings include both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 200+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
About the Job
As a Senior Mobile Build and Release Engineer on the Life360 Systems Engineering team, you will help keep the Mobile CI/CD pipeline running at top speed. We need smart and passionate engineers who are obsessed with squeezing every bit of performance out of a build system, and ensuring we safely deliver our apps to market. You will work side-by-side with app and test engineers to ensure consistent, high-confidence delivery through our CI/CD pipelines. Come help build our in house next generation CI/CD platform
About the Team:
We are agile, focused and obsessed with helping our engineers ship faster. We encourage our software engineers to embrace shared responsibility for writing testable, high performance, maintainable code. We deliver the Life360 mobile apps frequently and fearlessly with a quality oriented engineering culture. Individuals on our team are motivated, trusted and continuously focused on technical perfection.
- Contribute to a team of Build, Infrastructure, Test and Release Engineers focused on improving developer velocity, scalability and testability of the Life360’s mobile apps
- Build, maintain and operate our mobile app CI/CD pipelines
- Operate our build infrastructure, including working with vendor partners
- Create the next generation developer tooling and infrastructure for Life360’s mobile apps, focusing on productivity, testing and release.
- Track and monitor the usage/consumption of Infrastructure specific services; ensure performance and SLA and cost control adherence
- Develop telemetry and alerting for opportunities to improve build infrastructure and tooling, and execute on them
- Monitor build pipeline, if you can build dashboards that can show the health and performance of the builds that is a huge plus
- Collaborate with leadership and key partners on a regular basis.
- Making developers happy and productive is at the core of of your mission
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of hands-on technical experience
- Proficient in one system language like Java or Kotlin and a scripting language like Python
- Deep understanding of Gradle
- Linux OS, including scripting experience
- Experience with containerizing build workloads using Docker
- Have experience configuring and using artifact management tools such as: Docker Registry, Nexus, ECR
- Experience with Fastlane deployment
- Experience with developing automated internal frameworks, increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and building developer tools
- Experience with CI/CD principles, architecture and operations
- Working experience with CircleCI, Bitrise, Jenkins or other CI/CD platforms
- Strong knowledge of Android build systems, networking, log analysis tools, app release and app signing
- Experience with AWS technologies like EC2, EKS
- Experience with Groovy
- Willing and eager to learn iOS Build and deployment
ABOUT OUR CULTURE AND BENEFITS
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We provide equipment, tools & reimbursement support to engage a productive remote-first team
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your family circle
All open positions, unless specified as location specific, are remote opportunities and, when returning to our offices is possible, team members may elect to take advantage of the following (or continue to choose to remain remote!):
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco; a 5 minute walk to CalTrain & BART
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the beach in San Diego (Encinitas)
- In person team building activities, celebratory company outings and fun events
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.