Hypixel Studios (51-200 Employees, 126% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re looking for an Assistant Systems Administrator to join our team which collaborates remotely across the globe. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As our new Assistant Systems Administrator you will assist in the ordering, installing and managing all office IT hardware and software, including existing and new deployments. You will also onboard new users onto the systems that we use on a daily basis. You will work globally with our remote team, ensuring they are fully set up for their work day.
Who you are:
- You have experience as a Systems Administrator
- You have a good understanding of what is involved in Systems Administration and IT Support
- You’re self driven and can work asynchronously
- You identify closely with our studio values
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You have the ability to handle high volume of tasks to meet a deadline
- You take an open and energetic approach to your work and enjoy working in a lively, diverse environment
- You love helping people
Some of your role:
- Assisting with Sourcing, pricing and ordering all hardware and software for the office but also for remote team members while adhering to specifications for specific development roles
- Maintaining all IT hardware and software on site
- Onboarding / offboarding all staff users with the systems we use on a daily basis
- Assist with recurring audits of our company hardware and software
- Company wide account management for multiple SaaS products and software
- An understanding of gaming-grade computer hardware, as well as experience with enterprise level server/network equipment
- Experience with help desk & inventory tracking systems as well as remote management software
- Able to show flexibility to changes in direction when priorities shift, staying focused on the most relevant project and evolving to get it done
- Versatile and can adapt easily to new challenges and changing timelines
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work with remote users
- Experience working with and supporting remote teams in multiple time zones.
- Experience of a working in a gaming environment
- Experience with the following but not limited to:
- Google Workspace (eg. Google Docs / Calendar etc.)
- Miro / Favro
- Software licensing
- A strong attachment to games, internet and fandom culture
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.