BitGo (201-500 Employees, 93% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions and is the largest independent digital asset custodian in the world. Founded in 2013, BitGo is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo also offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services and supports over 400 digital assets on its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
Join a growing Legal team that tackles the enormous challenge of providing sound legal counsel in the dynamic and ever-evolving area of digital asset services and blockchain technology.
- Primary Responsibility:
- Serve as front-line Legal contact to conduct initial contract review of BitGo commercial agreements, third-party agreements, vendor contracts, NDA’s, etc.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the business for the development of new products and services and contracts to support them.
- Continuously improve standard form agreements and legal processes to help scale the legal function
- Manage risk and ensure business and compliance needs are accurately reflected in agreements
- In this role, you will be exposed to all manner of agreements – including SaaS contracts, custodial services contracts, trading agreements, and lending agreements – and have direct contact with a fast-paced global Sales team
- Secondary Responsibility: support the Legal team in all other aspects, including:
- Regulatory – help BitGo navigate both the domestic and international regulatory waters at the intersection of financial services and technology
- Corporate Governance – preparation of board materials, board and stockholder consents, employee equity grants, and assist on general corporate governance
- Litigation – assist in the management of any litigation matters and help respond to incoming request for information
- Positive attitude, appetite for learning, and willingness to work hard
- At least 3-5 years of experience at either a law firm or in-house legal department with significant experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
- A strong understanding of commercial legal concepts and strong drafting and contract negotiation skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Experience advising clients on and managing numerous deals on tight deadlines
- Ability to develop positive relationships with internal partners and external clients
- JD, Member of a state bar (preferably New York or California)
Nice to have
- Experience with regulated financial services firms
- Familiarity with the cryptocurrency industry
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, spouse/partner and children (medical, vision, dental, life, FSA, HSA)
- 401k company match up to 5%
- Catered custom lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee at the office
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Generous paid time off
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.