MarketAxess Holdings (501+ Employees, 28% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
MarketAxess operates a leading electronic trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants for trade corporate bonds.
About this job
What You’ll do
- Design and enhance the Leading Global Fixed Income e-trading platform for institutional investors
- Be part of a scrum team comprised of skilled technology professionals with the goal to revolutionize the credit and corporate bond markets
- Innovate and transform business ideas into highly utilized features and services for our customers
- Utilize industry standard technologies including: Java, AWS, Kafka, Oracle, React, Redis Spring Boot and others
- Implement and support products/initiatives from infancy to maturity
- Develop and design APIs in a microservices and/or event-driven architecture in the cloud
What You Bring to the Table
- 2-3 years of enterprise software development using Java
- Passion to be challenged and excited about the ability to be pushed out of your comfort zone!
- Familiarity with streaming technologies such as Kafka/Redis etc.
- Experience with microservices using Spring/Spring Boot (or ideally migrating from the monolith to microservices)
- Proven experience using react or angular is a plus!
- Experience with AWS is a huge plus though not necessary
What’s in it for You
In addition to working on cutting edge technology and being more than a number in our lean and collaborative team, we offer:
- Healthcare and wellness options
- 401(k) match
- Potential to receive Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Training and tuition assistance
- Other perks include generous time-off policies, stipends for gym memberships, exercise equipment and similar, and access to on-site healthcare
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal and state law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About the company
Over the last twenty years, MarketAxess has completely revolutionized the fixed-income market by creating a single platform using proprietary technology that connects the world’s most influential financial institutions. Today, more than 1,800 institutional investors and broker-dealer firms rely on us to bring them accurate market data to assist with their trading decisions, connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing and technology services to optimize trading environments.
As an Associate Software Engineer, you will work closely with your team to design and implement new features and products. You will learn the fixed-income market allowing you to fully understand the “big picture” of not only what you are developing, but why and how it benefits our customers. At the same time, you will be challenged and pushed out of your comfort zone, by learning new and exciting technologies that we want to implement here at MarketAxess. Above all, you will be empowered by having a voice within your Scrum team as well as within MarketAxess as a whole.
- Health, dental, vision, life, disability and pet insurance
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Up to 20 weeks paid maternity leave; 8 weeks paid paternity leave
- Generous paid time off
- 401k match of 100% of contributions up to $10,000 of annual pay
- $1000 annual fitness & wellness subsidy
- Stocked kitchen
- Catered lunch provided 2x a week
- ESPP; we issue matching shares equal to 20% of employee purchase
- Up to $2,000 per year match of any qualifying charitable cash gifts