Amplify (501+ Employees, 93% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visitamplify.com.
Amplify’s AVP, Training and Enablement will develop, lead and implement a strategic vision for enabling our customer-facing teams to drive the company’s growth and customer satisfaction over the next five years. This role will ensure that all customer-facing teams have the training, content, processes, practices, and tools needed to optimize effectiveness and efficiency through the sales and implementation processes. This includes working collaboratively with team leads to resolve needs and effectively communicate and provide assets that will increase efficiency and results of our growing customer-facing teams.
This position reports to the Chief Product Officer, and will lead the establishment and direction of training programs on product and systems updates, the creation of support assets, and consistent communication across these teams. This role will also collaborate with other divisions in order to improve both the customer experience and internal operations.
The best candidate for this role is a proven strategist that can take visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then successfully implement those plans. This role will develop customer centric teams, have a strong sense for detail, and possess the ability to work within and across diverse teams.
Amplify’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination for in-person meetings unless an approved exemption is provided.
Responsibilities of the Associate Vice President, Training & Enablement:
Oversee the team responsible for ensuring our customer-facing teams have the product and systems knowledge needed to excel at their jobs and deliver the best possible customer experience. This team will support Sales, Customer Success, Customer Support, Professional Development, Materials Fulfillment, and Enrollment & Licensing. In this capacity, the AVP will:
- Develop and work-cross functionally to implement a roadmap that sets short, mid and long term priorities and goals for the Training and Enablement function with a focus on cross- product coherence, scalability, and customer outcomes
- Proactively collaborate with product leadership to understand roadmaps and upcoming product updates; use roadmap knowledge to plan training and resources needed for customer-facing teams to be successful
- Partner with customer-facing team leads (or appointed deputies) to craft a team-specific training and enablement plan that ensures all team members are onboarded, trained, and supported with the product and systems knowledge needed to do their jobs successfully
- Establish framework for consistently communicating product updates across all customer-facing teams
- Manage team that provides written documentation and live updates on products across both content and feature updates (e.g., new edition, reporting updates)
- Own curated knowledge repository, a single source for customer facing teams to find, organize, share, customize, and analyze resources and assets needed to effectively run team processes and engage customers
- Identify and establish a self-service, scalable way for all customer-facing team members to learn about our products and systems through a learning management system; manage and maintain this LMS to ensure it meets the needs of our product and customer facing teams
- Acts as a liaison between Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Professional Development, Customer Success, Customer Support, and Business Operations teams
- Manages a team of trainers to deliver compelling, high-quality product training in advance of back to school releases and on an ad hoc basis as needed by teams.
Basic Qualifications of the Associate Vice President, Training & Enablement:
- BA/BS degree
- 10+ years of work experience in a fast-paced corporate environment
- 4+ years of demonstrated leadership and project management experience
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite experience
Preferred Qualifications of the Associate Vice President, Training & Enablement:
- MS in Education, Business, Sales Management, or related field
- 5+ years CRM or Salesforce.com experience, Salesforce advanced training preferred
- 5+ years experience in the K-12 education space
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment with shared responsibilities
- Experience developing, implementing and tracking program effectiveness, including training initiatives (new hire and continued education)
- Interest in enhancing industry and product knowledge through self-study, training, and experience
- Exceptional written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
We celebratediversityand are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from adiversecandidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.