Allstate (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Avail is a car sharing service to help people get where they want to go-whether that’s to run errands, take an unforgettable road trip, or explore a new city-while helping locals earn cash from their unused cars. We are passionate about making shared transportation safe, simple, and affordable, and redefining what it means to own a car.
We’ve assembled some of the sharpest folks from across industries to compete against the antiquated system of traditional car rental. We put ideas into action and learn along the way in an open, collaborative work environment. As a part of Avail, you’ll make a direct impact and help build a business from the ground up. No matter where you’ve been, we’re always looking for fresh thinking and new perspectives.
The Product Designer will participate in need finding research insight generation, the iterative steps of brainstorming and obtaining user feedback, the detailed product design and documentation, and the structuring and management of user testing and feedback. This role can be relied upon to handle or manage specific phases of a project according to an agreed-upon plan, from initial need finding research to the iterative steps of brainstorming and obtaining user feedback to user testing to final design.
• Provide expertise on the design process for the project team and ensure that all facets of the research/feedback are internally consistent with the design and that every step of the process is executed efficiently and effectively
• Responsible for ensuring that at every step in the process, the consumer’s needs, preferences, and viewpoint are always front and center
• Provide design expertise to move the team effectively forward in the design process
• Strategize on interview methods and topics to maximize depth and range of sharing by interviewees
• Use expertise to provide depth of understanding in taking observations and moving them into valuable insights
• Analyze consumer feedback with an experienced eye to be able to uncover the true issues/concerns behind their feedback in order to improve the design
• Work with relevant teams across Allstate to get approval for market release (e.g. Legal, Marketing, etc.)
• Work with data analysts to validate data and to ensure correct analyses completed
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 3 or more years of related experience
• Ability to relate to the customer and thus uncover their motivations and needs
• Capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
• Ability to embrace any situation with confidence and learn new skills along the way
• Ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with 30 new ideas
• The skill to understand the big picture without getting mired in detail
• A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $67,300.00-$113,875.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
That’s the day to day, here’s the bigger picture.
Avail was founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2018. But you’ll be working for (and at) Avail. Our work environment blends the ingenuity and flexibility of a startup with the scale and strengths of a Fortune 100 company. Perks include a generous PTO policy, flexible working options, and a focus on leadership, wellness, and culture. We also offer 401k, health insurance, and other employment benefits for your future.
See a job you love? We encourage you to apply, even if your experience isn’t a perfect match.
We generally do not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here“. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here“. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.