Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Work hard, have fun, and make history at Amazon Web Services!
AWS Enterprise Support is searching for an innovative, passionate, and customer-focused product manager with a track record of delivery. We are looking for a relentless self-starter that will boldly do what’s best for the business to serve our customers; someone with a true pioneering spirit, willing to “get hands dirty” in a start-up environment while being able to optimize delivery against both short and long term goals.
In this role, you will drive a continuous improvement roadmap and act as a technology portfolio owner in the Enterprise Support organization. You will take large, complex problems and break them down into prioritized roadmaps, and ensure timely delivery of features. You will assess costs, benefits and ROI, identify and mitigate risks, manage escalations, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance business needs with technical constraints.
The right candidate earns trust through outstanding performance, effective communication skills, and a strong record of delivering results timely and effectively. You should have experience managing global technology products in a large, multi-national, preferably tech company. The ideal candidate has broad technical skills, software development leadership experience, and a deep analytical background. Strong judgement and a demonstrated ability to influence without explicit authority are key to success.
What you do:
You define the strategic vision, own the long-term roadmap, and drive teams to execute on that vision. You are responsible for the end-to-end product experience. You make sure we delight customers. You oversee a product’s customer engagement, PR/FAQ and other requirements definition, CX design, compliance, feature development priority, product messaging, pricing, and reliability. As a single-threaded owner, you are trusted to operate with complete independence.
You are the product subject matter expert. You deeply understand your customer, their needs, the business landscape, product functionality (current and desired), and backend technologies (opportunities and limitations). You provide context and visibility into why the product is designed the way it is and convey the reasons behind prior decisions. You bring clarity to complexity, probe assumptions, illuminate pitfalls, and foster shared understanding.
- 10+ yrs. engineering, product management, or relevant experience.
- Experience in setting product definitions and roadmaps.
- Experience working cross functionally with development, design, and marketing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Computer Science, or related field and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) preferred and/or, relevant experience
- Prior experience as a developer or in building tools for customer support
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Ability to analyze data, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
- Understands core technologies utilized in this product domain
- Fluent in technical alternatives/pros and cons and ability to partner with software teams
- Decomposes significantly complex technical propositions into straightforward solutions
- Strong understanding of the cloud industry
- Experience creating service offerings for Enterprise level customers
- Experience creating B2B service offerings that cater to a wide audience
- Experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role