Leap. (51-200 Employees, 216% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Leap. One interface to the global energy markets.
Leap’s mission is to combat climate change by enabling a reliable electric grid that runs on clean energy. The electric grid is transforming from dirty (but predictable) fossil fuels to clean (but less predictable) renewable energy. To do so, the grid needs more flexible demand and supply to help maintain stability and reliability.
Leap plays a crucial role in opening up wholesale energy markets to all distributed energy resources, enabling our partners to get paid for providing flexibility to the grid.
Leap is a privately-held tech company with funding from top VCs and well-known energy entrepreneurs. Our core operations are in the San Francisco Bay Area and Utrecht (NL), but we are a distributed workplace with teammates based in Atlanta, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Maui, and Washington, DC.
Who are we looking for?
- We’re seeking an analytical and entrepreneurial individual who will be responsible for supporting Leap’s Partner Success team to manage Leap’s partnerships with developers, aggregators and technology providers.
- We require candidates to have 1-5 years of work experience in the energy industry as the role will involve analysis of complex energy systems and concepts.
- The Partner Success Analyst’s responsibilities and skillset will be dynamic and varied, spanning partner relations and market operations support, energy and financial modeling and business development.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have solid energy expertise in renewable energy project development, energy management solutions or wholesale energy markets
- Possess strong analytical and technical abilities – including a deep understanding of software, financial modeling, and energy data analysis
- Are a strategic thinker who can also dive into the details and loves to problem solve
- Have an ability to prioritize, juggle and execute tasks with an eye on satisfying our partners and growing our value as a business
- Enjoy interacting with external stakeholders in partner organizations to understand their business models, needs, and requirements and to identify new opportunities for expanding our partnerships
- Like working collaboratively in a team with a diverse group of amazingly talented and fun people, but you are also capable of working independently in a fast-paced startup
What will you be working on?
- Conduct data-driven analysis to support our partners with sizing and optimizing market bid nominations, dispatch/testing strategies and identification of new market opportunities
- Create financial models and tools to quantify and demonstrate the financial benefits that we bring to our partners
- Work directly with our partners to support integration with our platform, authorization of end-customers for market participation, bidding end-customer energy assets into different markets, successful dispatching of assets and settlements and payment for performance
- Work cross-functionally with our product, business development and market teams to deliver on market, utility and partner contract obligations and improve product development and sales strategy
- Develop internal and external systems, processes and content that will enable streamlined delivery of services and an exceptional experience to our partners
- Collect and synthesize product feedback from our partners and provide input to our product/engineering teams
What’s it like to work at Leap?
Product: At our core we are a tech company. We love technical challenges and build things that we are proud of and would like to use ourselves. Everyone is highly involved in building and designing our products, making them extremely valuable and a pleasure to use.
Purpose: Some of us worked in energy before, some of us haven’t. All of us would like to make a difference and do our part in helping the world move towards a more resilient grid run on renewable energy.
Fun: We work hard, but enjoy our time at work as well as outside of work. With the team spread out over multiple time zones we also embraced flexibility early on, and are focused on results instead of time spent in the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.