Pixel Union (11-50 Employees, 49% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are Knit Agency, formally known as Pixel Union Agency. We are a creative team dedicated to building innovative solutions that delight our clients. Our services are focused on taking a holistic approach to each project. We go in-depth in the discovery process, and tailor our work to each individual project. No two clients are the same, and that’s what we love about being a part of the Knit team.
We’re looking for an experienced Back End Developer to join our growing Knit Agency team, providing custom services for a diverse array of clients and working across many platforms, disciplines, and approaches. If you’re excited about functional programming we’d love to hear from you!
Our developers are responsible for delivering custom apps and system integrations with Shopify. Our back end developers work in Elixir, encouraging consistent and readable code. We look for developers who enjoy peer-review and who can clearly explain their technical choices.
As a Knit Agency Back End Developer, you’ll…
- Support in the architecture, development, and delivery of custom software solutions that meet business requirements for ecommerce merchants
- Work primarily with Elixir and Node.js on a daily basis
- Contribute tested, maintainable code to shared libraries
- Create tools and processes to help in the day-to-day aspects of development
- Work with Shopify, supporting data migrations to the platform primarily via Shopify’s API
- Work on integrating solutions across the following type of systems: POS, ERP, 3PL, WMS, Shipping, Carrier, CRM, Order & Inventory Management, Order Scheduling, Payment Gateway, Recurring Billing, and Omni-Channel.
- Collaborate with, or mentor other team members in order to deliver high-quality solutions for our clients while growing professionally.
You’ll bring the following skills and experience…
- Enjoy back-end work and want to build robust, scalable system integrations and solve technical challenges with the delivery of these services
- Have worked with Elixir, Ruby, Node.js, or similar languages
- Can touch front-end HTML and CSS if necessary
- Have built or interacted with GraphQL, REST, or SOAP APIs
- Are familiar with modern, distributed cloud-based service development and deployment pipelines
- Focus on growing their communication skills to build positive and productive working relationships with other agency team members (both technical and non-technical).
- Take ownership of their work to deliver it on schedule and raise blockers proactively when timelines may slip.
We are a company built on creativity, teamwork and employee well-being. We work hard, push our limits, and enjoy ourselves around fun, good people on challenging and rewarding tasks.
- Competitive base salary
- 100% company paid Health & Dental coverage
- Up to 4% matching for RRSP or 401K contributions
- Company-sponsored wellness allowance
- Up to 90% paid parental leave top-up (up to 17 weeks)
- End of year paid time off (in addition to generous vacation time)
- Learning development budget
- Monthly remote allowance
- Paid volunteering time
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
*Benefits may vary slightly based on country.
We encourage you to apply!
We are a remote-first work environment and leverage our online resources to collaborate and connect. As long as you have a strong internet connection, we’ll ensure you’ve got the equipment and resources you need to flourish on our dynamic team! We bring passion and energy to our work, and believe that work should be rewarding, interesting, and come at a sustainable pace.
Please note that due to the nature of client-facing work in an Agency setting, we will be filling this position within the Americas (maximum four hour time difference from Pacific Time). We look forward to hearing from you!
Knit is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.