MarineTraffic (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are a growing group of 160+ talented people, spread over three continents and united by one common mission: To improve efficiency in shipping through transparency and data-driven decisions.
Being at the forefront of a movement that’s leading to a new digital era for shipping, we continuously set ambitious goals that often produce complex challenges and drive us to constantly innovate.
Each day at MarineTraffic presents numerous opportunities to develop skills, share knowledge and have fun. We are an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, one that is fair and honest, and gives our people the confidence to be bold, to try new things and to grow.
As a result of our rapid growth, we are looking for Back-end developers who will be working on the core platform and infrastructure that serves our web, iOS, and Android applications to millions of MarineTraffic users.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Owning major parts of our infrastructure and improving them to accommodate our growth
- Working on project teams to grow the existing products and support the latest features that we have in development
- Contributing your insights across the team to help us re-architect existing systems for scale and extensibility
- Test your code to assure quality of new and existing functionality.
- Experiment with new frameworks and technologies and learn continuously.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Proven experience working on a software application at scale
- At least 3 years for Mid level / 5 years for Senior level of working experience in software development with PHP
- Knowledge of relational database systems (MSSQL)
- Experience in building and consuming REST APIs
- Comfortable deploying and monitoring systems
- Familiar with SOLID principles and software design patterns
- You’re a fast learner and can contribute from day one
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of non-relational database systems (e.g. Redis, MongoDB)
- Comfort in TDD and other testing practices
- Experience working with a cloud environment
- Experience with containers (Docker)
- Experience working with event streaming
- You are not afraid to deal with technical debt. In fact, you embrace the challenge
And these are some of the perks you receive when you join MarineTraffic:
- Work in an international, dynamic and pleasant environment, at a growing company
- Continuous training and development
- Work from one of our office locations or remotely from anywhere in the world
- Competitive remuneration package
- Huge room for creativity and innovation
- Private medical insurance
If you feel you are a genuine fit for this role, which is both challenging and fun, we would like to hear from you.