WeTransfer (201-500 Employees, 41% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
WeTransfer offers a way to send files around the world through its platform.
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Founded in 2009 as a simple file-sharing service, WeTransfer has grown into a set of tools designed around the creative process. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform where 50 million people send one billion files every month, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
What you’ll be doing
The platform team is at the core of engineering at WeTransfer. You’ll accelerate innovation by providing developers with the tools they need, while ensuring that the platform is reliable, performant, and secure.
Together with the product teams you will work on processes, tools, and services to support end-to-end ownership and self-service deployment of applications and infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and maintain our infrastructure — compute, storage and networking — for all applications to be deployed onto
- Build and maintain our observability stack to help engineers monitor and debug their applications
- Build and maintain services for engineers to use said infrastructure. This ranges from onboarding, deployment, secrets management, authN/Z, to continuous integration, and more.
- Work with other teams and engineers to understand their needs and make sure we’re building the right services
What we are looking for:
- Above all else we value open communication and good teamwork to achieve a shared vision. We are looking for proactivity in spotting problem areas and proposing ideas for improvements. You value good engineering principles and long-term design.
- Strong hands-on experience with building services with backend language such as Golang or Python.
- A good taste for user-experience, whether it be through CLIs, APIs, or UIs.
- Experience with building single-page applications is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Docker
- Hands-on experience using infrastructure as a service provider such as AWS is a nice to have
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Proficiency with running and administrating Linux machines is a plus
- Managing infrastructure as code with tools like Terraform is a plus
A few blog posts that the Platform team has released recently:
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A few more things about us, written by us:
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can’t wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.