Freshlocalsolutions (11-50 Employees, 1000% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
FoodX is growing, and we’re looking for a Backend Software Engineer (.Net) to join our fully-remote team (from ANYWHERE in Canada)!
As a Backend Engineer with FoodX you will produce scalable software solutions. You will be part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. Join our team and help solve some of the most complicated and timely challenges the world faces today; designing and building solutions to eliminate food waste in the complex and fast-moving world of produce and grocery logistics.
FoodX is a subsidiary of Freshlocal Solutions (TSX: LOCL); a Vancouver-based leader in end-to-end grocery e-commerce solutions. Our mission is to leverage innovation and technology to create a sustainable and profitable food system for all. We have developed deep expertise across the farm-to-fork value chain, both digitally and physically. Combined with explosive growth in the industry, plus having gone public in 2021, our business is at an exciting stage of our growth!
Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture.
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications.
- Write effective APIs.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade software.
- Create security and data protection settings.
- Write technical documentation.
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software.
- Support the Production, Staging/QA, and Development environments as needed.
- Additional duties as required.
- Proven experience as a Backend Developer or similar role.
- Solid understanding of object-orientated or functional programming in C#.
- Experience developing Azure functions.
- Familiarity with common stacks.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- Working knowledge of Cloud experience with GC, AWS, or Azure is preferred.
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills.
- The ability to balance multiple tasks and structure your time.
- An analytical mind.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, change, and thrive in fast-paced, dynamic, startup-like environment.
- Self-driven with the ability to prioritize and pivot as needed.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate large multi-functional technical and business teams in a distributed environment – verbally and via electronic communications.
What’s in it for you?
- Join now and receive an initial $250.00 of SPUD credit, and another $250.00 of SPUD credit after six months of employment ($500.00 total)
- 20% discount on SPUD.CA purchases
- Flexible health spending plan options and benefits available for all team members working more than 14 hours per week
FoodX’s approach to inclusive hiring
Our team is committed to building relationships rooted in trust, integrity and respect. We believe in a growth mindset and support our team members’ personal and professional growth in a safe work environment. We know from experience that great talent comes in many forms and we want to meet you at your best. Please let us know if we can provide unique accommodations that will enable your equal participation!
Our values are more than just words to us. Our values drive our success and guide our growth:
- Create amazing customer experiences. We are passionate in our commitment to deliver for our customers.
- Lead with sustainability and consider our impact.
- Learn, grow and make time to celebrate wins together
- We welcome different perspectives. Diversity makes us stronger.
- Prioritize, work smart and deliver results for our stakeholders and each other.
- We are committed to our mission and that requires resilience, persistence and grit to persevere and succeed.