Microdesk (201-500 Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Manage the design, implementation, administration, communication, and ongoing evaluation of the organization’s compensation and benefits programs, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures that the compensation and benefit programs support the organizations business objectives and meets all legal requirements, including reporting, disclosure, testing, and other regulatory requirements.
- Oversee compensation processes, including survey participation, job evaluation, salary structure development, base pay administration, salary planning, incentive plan design, and analysis.
- Work in collaboration with the HR Director to implement a performance management process and refine the compensation process to align with the overall corporate pay for performance strategy.
- Develop and draft job descriptions, job classifications, and job mapping in support of management and within legal compliance.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions to ensure compliance.
- Work in conjunction with the HR Director to manage and incorporate benefits planning into the overall total rewards program to include health and welfare, retirement, work/life, FML, and other related benefit programs.
- Serve as escalation resource for employee benefit questions, including verifying eligibility, plan interpretation, and troubleshooting other issues as needed.
- Lead and oversee annual benefits open enrollment planning and execution.
- Lead ad-hoc projects relating to improving current HR processes/systems as it relates to total rewards programs.
- Serve as the primary contact for all things immigration; partner with our legal counsel on employee matters such as immigration and visas serving as the lead to internal managers and employees throughout the process.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including Excel.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to set priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus
- Paylocity experience a plus
- Immigration experience an added plus
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and work independently across multiple time zones
Education and Experience
- BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR
- Minimum of five years relevant HR experience, specifically in a compensation and benefits capacity.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations as they apply to base compensation and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
- SHRM-CP or CEBS certification an added plus