Syntropy (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re looking for a Blockchain Engineer to join our technology organization and work closely together with the R&D/blockchain department and other teams to implement our open internet exchange solution. The role comes with a lot of opportunities to take ownership and responsibility as well as provide your expert input and make an impact on the overall blockchain development plans and strategy.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Implementing prototype / testnet versions of smart contracts, enabling the open internet exchange.
- Assessing different blockchain implementation options to suit the needs of our solution.
- Working on the project until production, including the launch of the mainnet and smart contract deployments on the mainnet.
- Working closely with other teams to solve product-related problems.
- Designing, developing and deploying Solidity smart contracts.
- Designing and developing front-end interfaces to interact with the smart contracts.
- Designing and developing the back-end operations that support a decentralized application.
- Auditing smart contracts for any security bugs.
- Writing technical documentation.
- Maintaining source code and troubleshooting systems.
- In-depth technical blockchain / Web3 understanding: consensus mechanisms, game theory, tokenomics, smart contracts, price oracles, etc.
- 4+ years as a software developer (experience outside of blockchain).
- 2+ years Solidity programming experience with a deep understanding of the Ethereum ecosystem and programming principles.
- Understanding of ERC-20, ERC-721 and ERC-1155 token standards.
- Experience with JSON database operations.
- Knowledgeable about Layer-2 technologies.
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools and blockchain management tools.
- Working experience in DevOps environments.
- Experience with Docker.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Familiarity with cryptography and experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Go, Rust is a plus.
- Nice to have: At least one project deployed on Mainnet that holds real user funds.
- Nice to have: knowledge of Solidity security testing tools.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to tackle challenging, complex problems in an individual or team-based setting.
- A proactive approach, ability to take ownership of your tasks and a solution-focused mindset.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and high-quality output.
- Willingness to learn new things.
- It would be an advantage if you have experience in computer networks, telecommunications, IoT, …
- Computer Science / Math / Economics / Engineering background is a plus
- A MSc degree or higher is a plus.
- An innovative and attractive compensation structure (salary + company-issued cryptocurrency tokens as bonus).
- Professional & personal development budget worth $2000 annually.
- 12 learning days per year dedicated for your professional development
- Remote-first environment (you’re still welcome to come to one of our offices, but you choose!)
Syntropy embraces diverse applications. Apply today!