NerdWallet (501+ Employees, 47% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
NerdWallet is looking to hire a Brand Manager to join our Brand Marketing team and help develop our first Sponsorships & Events program. In this role you will be responsible for developing the strategy, negotiating and managing the property partners, and working with internal creative and brand teams to plan, execute and optimize the program.
The Brand Marketing team is focused on getting consumers to know, trust and love the NerdWallet brand. Join us and help more consumers and small business owners make financial decisions with confidence!
This role will report to the Senior Director, Brand Marketing.
Where you can make an impact:
- Develop & Execute Sponsorships Strategy: Leverage our brand strategy as well as consumer, cultural, and category insights to develop a strong perspective on the white space and opportunity for NerdWallet in the sponsorships & events category.
- Structure & Manage Compelling Partnerships: Identify, RFP, and negotiate partnership deals that offer NerdWallet meaningful exposure and engagement opportunities with our target audience. Manage the partnership from beginning to end, ensuring we successfully maximize the assets, name and likeness rights afforded to us, and successfully deliver on brand and business objectives.
- Activate in Creative & Memorable Ways: Lead the project briefing process, inspiring internal and external partners to develop and execute content, events and experiences that leave a lasting impression on our target audience.
- Drive Measurable Outcomes: Develop a strategic measurement plan that includes the programs’ impact and learnings so NerdWallet can optimize the Sponsorships & Events program year over year.
- Strategically creative: You have big ideas and aren’t afraid to take risks and fail. Your strategies are always grounded in data, consumer, and brand-first thinking.
- An experienced negotiator: You have successfully negotiated contracts across sports, music, and entertainment properties. You understand how each asset individually and collectively drives in maximum value and helps achieve key KPIs when assessing the terms of the deal.
- An effective communicator: You’re comfortable presenting to and influencing key internal, external stakeholders, and cross-functional partners – you are an active listener, eager to learn, and capture the input of others. You distill complex topics, interacting effectively with both creative and business-oriented individuals.
- A skilled project manager, with an ownership mentality: You have a strong attention to detail and can manage many projects in different stages at any given time. You’re flexible and not afraid of change.
This is our ideal wishlist, but most people don’t check every box on every job description. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 8+ years of experience executing events & sponsorships for consumer brands across sports and entertainment properties; 2+ years working brand-side on a marketing team is ideal.
- Proven experience in helping to build consistent and beloved brands by ensuring brand purpose and identity is upheld in all marketing communications and decisions.
- A consistent track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative external relationships.
- Experience collaborating with creative, production, media, and other cross-functional internal teams.
We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
What we offer:
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.