Opendorse (51-200 Employees, 131% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
BRAND SALES LEADER (Lincoln, NE or U.S. Remote)
Opendorse, the NIL company, is the leading technology provider in the athlete endorsement industry. More than 70,000 athletes use Opendorse to understand, build, and monetize their name, image, and likeness (NIL) with support from thousands of brands, fans, sponsors, donors and partners including the PGA TOUR, NHL, NFLPA, MLBPA, WNBPA, LPGA, over 100 professional and collegiate sports teams.
In 2022, the Opendorse Marketplace is the leading NIL destination for athletes. Fans, Brands, Sponsors, Donors and more can connect with athletes to complete deals, manage their NIL, and secure payment. For Student Athletes, the Opendorse marketing, education, and compliance platform serve as an all-in-one NIL solution.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Brand Sales leader to join our organization to grow and manage our Brand Sales Representatives by enabling them to sell, support, and deliver our products and services. You will manage all functions and processes associated with growing and activating assigned Brand Partners to meet company revenue goals. You will own relationships with key account stakeholders and executives to ensure Opendorse’s technology and support offering is fully integrated into new and existing partner business model.
CORE FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead our team of brand sellers to maximize brand revenue growth.
- Player-Coach role will include selling larger, strategic brand deals, and effectively managing & developing a group of Brand Sales reps
- Coach and develop junior sellers to advance the skill sets of the Brand Sales team
- Design and execute short/long-term plans for Opendorse adoption against assigned Brand Partners, build client relationships, close deals & drive repeat business
- Create and drive execution of an effective new business development process (aka “new logo hunting”)
- Establish and execute plan to expand existing brand partner relationships to include larger repeat campaigns and/or renewable up-front commits
- Develop the playbook for Brand Partner growth and activation and work with Marketing, Customer Growth & Operations to activate Brand Partner clients
- Trains sales personnel within Brand Sales organization and present sales enablement, pitch material and coaching when necessary
- Meet assigned targets for sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned Brand partner accounts
- Negotiate pricing, scopes of services, MSA’s and Change Orders to reflect evolving business requirements
- Manage, measure and report progress against goals and objectives to EVP of Sales
- Coordinate involvement of operations team, including campaign support, managed services, and product resources, in order to execute successful athlete activations for Brand Partner clientele
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates Brand partner need, recommend product or service enhancements to improve Brand Partner relationship and customer adoption
- Build and maintain an intimate understanding of Opendorse’s products, value proposition, and competitive offering
- Partner with Marketing to ensure the execution of programs and campaigns to drive Brand leads, pipeline, and deal progression. Develop joint messaging and value propositions that highlight mutually beneficial relationships and value to our business customers, along with repeatable sales enablement programs and toolkits
- Partner with Marketing to develop & activate industry conference strategy to build Opendorse awareness and increase penetration of key brands
- Drive Brand Sales Rep adoption of CRM technology (i.e., HubSpot or Salesforce) to track & support sales activities
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 5+ years proven sales and closing success
- Experience in successfully managing, training, or mentoring sales reps
- Ability to design, implement, and execute successful brand campaigns, as measured by pre-determined success criteria
- Confident selling marketing activation and brand-building solutions
- Exceptional track record achieving quarter over quarter sales quotas
- Experience building strong sales presentations and delivering marketing activation solutions to sophisticated buyers
- Well-spoken and well-written, able to create compelling proposals to close complex deals
- Comfortable being resourceful, utilizing whatever is available to progress deals
- Strong history and/or familiarity working with larger or National brands
- Established brand and agency relationships a plus
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality
- Startup experience is a bonus
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
The ideal candidate will possess a blend of direct sales and brand experience, consulting skills, strategic vision, business acumen, and the ability to meet and exceed revenue goals. A passion for creating partnerships that produce results and executing a sales cadence that delivers consistent and predictable Brand revenue through joint business planning, sales enablement, product adoption, and Brand management is essential. You love building and developing sales talent; your drive for meeting your team’s goals exceeds your drive to meet your own individual goals.
DIVERSITY AT OPENDORSE
Opendorse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas.