Propel (51-200 Employees, 119% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Propel builds software dedicated to helping low-income Americans improve their financial health.
We’re looking for a Business Analyst to support business operations and strategy at Providers (formerly Fresh EBT).
At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 5 million people use our app, Providers, to manage the benefits they use to keep their family well-fed and healthy, stay up to date on critical government programs, save money and earn income. Read more about the impact of Providers (previously called Fresh EBT here, here, and here). Now we’ve expanded further into the financial services space, offering the best banking option for low-income Americans.
Providers works with advertising partners to help our users find new ways to save money and earn income. You will be responsible for executing and improving key day-to-day operations of our advertising business. You’ll also work directly with team leaders across an array of projects and functions in a fast-moving start-up environment. We’re a small team, enabling huge individual impact and promoting professional growth and flexibility.
Propel offers a unique opportunity to create social impact at scale. We’re a for-profit company backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and the Omidyar Network. If you’re looking to leverage your skills for social impact, come join us!
- Immediate opportunity to make an impact — you’ll take on significant business and client responsibility from day one
- Broad exposure to business skills — you will develop skills in client management, analytics, and operations
- Start-up experience — you will be exposed to a broad set of functions and challenges
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Fort Greene, Brooklyn (remote friendly!)
- Work closely with Business Development Managers to understand campaign specifications, gather collateral, and prepare campaigns
- Set-up and monitor advertising campaigns within our internal system
- Provide basic reporting and analytic support to partners; offer suggestions for campaign improvement or testing
- Understand partner goals and lead and grow key partner relationships
- Build internal processes and documentation to improve the efficiency of campaign set-up and management
- Provide other ad hoc support to the business team (e.g., build invoices, fill out RFPs, etc.) and other leaders
- Lead strategic projects on new business or partnership opportunities
- 2+ years work experience, with client-facing / account management experience a plus
- An analytical brain — you’re highly proficient in Excel, with some exposure to HTML, CSS, and SQL
- A systems approach — you constantly improve how you and others work and build new tools to do so
- Incredible attention to detail — you automatically double- and triple-check your work
- Orientation to get stuff done — you fight through ambiguity, learn new skills, and bias toward action
- Curiosity — you’re excited to do different things and to field the occasional surprise
- Humility — you expect and want to learn from our users
- Deep desire to help fulfill Propel’s mission of building modern, effective, and respectful tools for low-income Americans
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.