Finds and generates sales opportunities for new data assets within an established geographic territory with primarily small and midsized companies and/or targeted account list. Orchestrates the business development process throughout the sales cycle. Generates new leads, calls on potential new accounts, and maintains and growing long-term relationships to impact bottom line results.
Job Details/ Main Responsibilities
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual sales targets through detailed account planning and weekly forecasting sessions.
- Successfully prospects and sells new company solutions via a consultative selling approach within assigned small to midsized Pharmaceutical Industry clients or targeted account list.
- Follows up on inbound marketing leads from email campaigns, tradeshows, digital advertising, and other marketing events.
- Develops account strategies to sell new assets and prepare client proposals and presentations to the standards of the company.
- Researches healthcare company product pipelines to identify and offer solutions to new potential clients.
- Work cross functionally within finance, clinical operations, scientific & medical affairs, and business development.
- Updates Salesforce CRM tool daily to assist in planning and reporting.
- Manages territory sales forecasting, prospecting activities, and pipeline management.
- Establishes and manages relationships with key client contacts across the business, clinical, medical affairs, HEOR, regulatory, commercialization departments.
- Develops comprehensive understanding of our solutions and their use cases.
- Exhibit a strong business acumen for uncovering, evaluating, growing, and closing sales opportunities within a dynamic and extremely time sensitive environment.
- Navigate complex business processes and legal requirements to negotiate contractual agreements.
- Provide customer and market feedback to internal teams regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
- Perform other Duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field. 3+ years of outside selling experience into the pharma, life sciences and CRO space. Demonstrated track record of consistently achieving personal sales goals. Start up, early-stage, high-growth healthcare experience is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Ability to travel up to 40%. Ability to possesses a “hunter” mentality and grow business from net new sales. Ability to shorten the sales cycle by knowing how to close at all stages of the selling cycle. Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively. Knowledge of the small to mid-size company sales cycle. Understands healthcare industry segments served and keeps abreast of developments in the market. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and CRM systems. Strong business acumen, strategic, negotiation and communication skills are required. Excellent verbal (including public speaking) and written communications skills. Exceptional listening and presentation (including to large groups) skills.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.