NEAR is a sharded, developer-friendly, proof-of-stake public blockchain, built by a world-class team that has built some of the world’s only sharded databases at scale.
NEAR Foundation is looking for a Business Development / Marketing Lead with extensive Community Building experience to join our growing Community Squad. You will be involved in all aspects of the creation of long-term value for our Ecosystem of projects, creators, contributors, guilds and collective. This will include leading key campaigns across different city nodes and visibility into prospecting and pitching, negotiating new partnerships, strategically seeking out new business opportunities and executing deals in support of NEAR projects and Guilds.
- Develop and execute a Community Activation BD Strategy that increases the value of the Ecosystem.
- Identify ideal partners for the Ecosystem projects and serve as the main link between potential synergies.
- Identify business opportunities, share knowledge and lessons learned.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Marketing/DevRel for collaboration on nurturing potential prospects.
- Manage day to day communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and execute marketing plans for business development across the Ecosystem.
- Engage with Guilds and Community Contributors to support key campaigns and the launch of key Initiatives.
- Support the organization of Community-driven events across hubs.
- Consistent data entry and opportunities management in NEAR’s CRM.
- Keep internal databases up to date with account information (including AirTable and Notion.)
- 3+ years of experience working in a marketing or business development role.
- Knowledge of blockchain space.
- Community building/management experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and conversations.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Self-starter with motivation to drive business results.
- Experience managing OKRs and delivering accordingly.
- Strong communication, coordination and organization skills and ability to collaborate across teams
- Strong negotiation skills
- A background in business development, event management, marketing or community.
- Been told you’re collaborative, empathetic, entrepreneurial, flexible, and persuasive.
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR’s mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR Platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.