Topia (51-200 Employees, 24% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are looking for a curious, tenacious and engaging team player to join our team as a Business Development Representative in the UK. If you are self-motivated and love working in a fast paced, dynamic environment, then Topia is the place for you!
BDRs hold an important position at the top of the sales funnel for the entire company. They are often our client’s first interaction with Topia, so the ability to make a good first impression and build rapport is extremely important. As well as outbound outreach, you will also receive and qualify our inbound prospects. These potential clients will have come into our system from marketing activities such as demo requests, events, webinars and content downloads and you'll be helping them take their next step on the sales journey. Excellent phone, email, and internet research skills are also critical to your success, but above all else, you must be able to persevere in the face of adversity and have a fierce desire to win.
Topia is disrupting the global talent market, enabling businesses and individuals to work everywhere. Our promise is to help you develop into a world class sales professional and reach your career goals. Your promise to us is to execute with commitment, passion and energy for the team.
- Generate new business opportunities to fill the Topia AE pipeline in Europe
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas for qualified opportunities
- Qualify inbound leads and ensure the right leads are being passed to the sales team through effective discovery calls and qualification.
- Partner with your Account Executives to develop outbound strategies and campaigns to drive new business into large enterprise accounts (e.g. Fortune 500)
- Understand customer requirements and match their needs with our value propositions to identify potential Topia solutions to fulfill them
- Successfully prospect into a target list of accounts via phone, email, LinkedIn and social to assess interest
- Social selling experience and online research and engagement is a must
- Update prospect interaction in Salesforce and keep an organized pipeline to ensure efficient funnel management
- Set up tailored prospecting sequences, create customized talking points for calls and author original sequence email content
- Recommend process enhancements for lead generation efforts and improved selling techniques
- Demonstrated success in a sales development and/or sales role, experience selling to HR or Finance professionals is a plus
- Previous SaaS software sales experience preferred but not required
- Proficient in using sales email-based prospecting tools (e.g. Apollo, Outreach, Yesware, Toutapp), social media platforms, CRM tools and conducting internet-based research using tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator and ZoomInfo
- Confident phone manner and willingness to be on calls for a significant part of your day
- Demonstrated success in meeting your targets
- Desire to learn, work hard, exceed expectations, and execute on feedback
- Ability to be self-sufficient while also collaborating within a team environment
- Ability to adapt to change with a positive attitude is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High integrity and emotional intelligence
At Topia, we expand horizons to transform the future. As part of a mission and values-driven culture, employees have autonomy, opportunities for growth, and the ability to directly impact our business.
We also offer competitive perks and unique experiences. While each country has its own specifics, our global offerings include:
• Generous time off including paid volunteer time, recharge days, and floating holidays
• Comprehensive health benefits
• Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity packages for all levels
• Flexible working arrangements
• Opportunities to connect and learn from teammates around the world, including virtual FriYAYs, Town Halls, and employee-driven programs
• Diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives including Fireside Chats, Mutual Mentor program, book clubs, and annual surveys to track progress and gather feedback