Platform.sh (201-500 Employees, 78% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce that began in France. Our founders are committed to a better way, and that common thread continues today in each of our staff. We’re inspired by a future where digital infrastructure is at once everywhere and invisible. Where innovation and collaboration can easily flow, without technical barriers.
We’re a collective of diverse backgrounds seated together, testing, innovating, challenging each other, and reflecting on new ways to improve digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team and help us build a better way.
We are currently looking for a highly driven Business Development Representative to join our growing EMEA BDR Team. Your main mission will be to further develop our business in the Southern European market. You will report to the EMEA BDR Team Lead and will also work in close collaboration with our distributed sales team as well as our marketing team.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis:
- Interact with inbound prospects through various channels to engage and qualify them for further sales engagement, or to optimize the self-service flow.
- Target and penetrate ABM target accounts utilizing outbound prospecting skills – research accounts, identify key personas, generate interest and develop accounts to drive demand.
- Work with sales and marketing leaders to develop and refine messaging and tactics.
- Use existing spreadsheets, CRM data and LinkedIn to figure out strategies to connect with buyers 1:1. This job is about working smarter, not just “hitting your dials.”
- Set up qualified meetings with prospects to drive opportunities and pipeline for the sales team
What you bring:
- You’re inquisitive with at least 2 years of professional experience.
- Curiosity! You must be driven to learn about our customers, their businesses, technology (ours and theirs), and B2B sales.
- Communication. Being a distributed company, we don’t have the benefit of walking around to see one another, so proactive communication is a must. We’ll expect you to both give constructive feedback and ask for help when you need it.
- Organization. Data is our lifeblood. We need to be great at collecting and organizing prospect and customer feedback to tune our sales/marketing process and product, and feed our customer acquisition. We use Drift, Zoominfo, Salesforce and Salesloft primarily. Knowledge of or ability to learn is key!
- Goal orientation. This is a sales and marketing role after all. We’re all about developing qualified leads and creating urgency.
- Business fluent in English
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in the SaaS, PaaS or IaaS industry
- Proficiency in another European language (French, Spanish, Italian,…)
What we bring as a team:
- We learn and share what we’ve learned
- We support each other and work with constructive feedback
- We like what we do, we do what we like
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
As a side effect of teams being spread across time zones, you may have to tolerate occasional early morning meetings if you live in the Americas, or late night meetings if you live in an APAC country*. We do our best to accommodate time zones but there are preferred hours for certain roles and teams. The team you interview with will be able to give you a clear idea of their collaborative hours.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares
- A global team rich with culture and diversity
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- Wellness stipend of $300 a year
- Professional development budget of $800
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- $3,000 office budget at hire (computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away and share a part of your home
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work. 96% of employees think Platform.sh is a great place to work
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Yearly, international, company-wide meetups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic)
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we have listed. If you can see yourself elevating the team we want to hear about your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 1-4 interviews on Google Meet. We leave the process fairly customizable to teams and roles, so in some scenarios we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds. Expect a higher number of rounds for director level roles and above.
Additionally, you can schedule coffee chats with potential future peers while you’re in the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with your best working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our software
We are the most unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform for building, running and scaling fleets of websites and applications. Platform.sh is trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to create the best digital experiences.