Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The People eXperience and Technology (PXT) Central Science Team uses economics, behavioral science, statistics, and machine learning to proactively identify mechanisms and process improvements which simultaneously improve Amazon and the lives, wellbeing, and the value of work to Amazonians. We are an interdisciplinary team which combines the talents of science and engineering to develop and deliver solutions that measurably achieve this goal. We invest in innovation and rapid prototyping of scientific models and software solutions to accelerate informed, accurate, and reliable decision backed by science and data.
We are looking for a senior business intelligence engineer to integrate data sources and create a data infrastructure to model and research all aspects of HR, including: workforce planning, recruiting, employee engagement, retention, development, and compensation.
The ideal candidate is expected to work closely with senior scientists and business leaders to study the impact Amazon has had on workers, the market, and the economy. You will build new business intelligence solutions end-to-end, will work with multiple stakeholders across HR and Operations, and will build infrastructure that can be used by distributed systems to run statistical and ML models. A successful candidate will have a passion for innovation, interest in cutting-edge technology, and excitement about working in a high-impact domain.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 99,500-160,000 /y. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics, or Data Science or related technical field.
• Experience with coding, query development, and visualization SQL, PL/SQL, Python, Redshift, and Tableau.
• Experience with gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tool(s) to extract data, formulate metrics, and build reports.
• Excellent communication skills to provide clear, concise, accurate, and timely communication (verbal and written) to the right stakeholders.
• Master’s degree in Computer science, I.T or Engineering parallels.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics, or Data Science or related technical field.
• A strong track record of iterative design, working closely with business, product and tech partners from inception through implementation.
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc).
• Broad experience in big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
• AWS, Tableau certifications or other related professional technical certifications
• Experience with AWS services such as S3, Redshift, EMR, Athena etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.