Covalent Networks (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Covalent is a fast growing, venture-backed, SaaS company focused on equipping people and organizations with in-demand skills. We’re achieving this through our unique Workforce Operations platform that supports the largest, most advanced industrial companies in the world.
Covalent’s founders are looking for a Business Operations Associate, responsible for automating manual processes, tackling strategic projects and using data to drive better decisions and outcomes for various teams and the company as a whole. This is a generalist role – the projects you work on may change quarter-to-quarter but the north star is making sure Covalent can execute faster by removing bottlenecks, creating best practices, and driving better decision-making through data. We are looking for hard-charging generalists who combine analytical rigor and an obsessive focus on outcomes with an empathetic interpersonal style. If you enjoy solving hard problems and building strong teams and relationships while doing it, we’d love to hear from you!
This position is US-based and can be done fully remote or as a hybrid role based on the needs of the candidate.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Embed with teams to help drive high-priority projects across the business
- Tackle ambiguous, open-ended questions and quickly iterate on solutions
- Create GTM processes and materials to enable our sales team. Research and recommend tools to improve data quality, analysis, and reporting.
- Explore new strategic business opportunities, develop quantitative models to size their value, and design go-to-market strategies to capitalize on them
- Own the vendor management process and assist in developing systems and processes for vendor management and compliance assurance.
- Oversee bookkeeping and accounting processes
- Build and manage HR and operations processes that support hybrid infrastructure such as onboarding/offboarding, employee expenses, payroll and ad hoc HR requests
- 3+ years experience in a high-growth startup operations, consulting, business operations, or other rigorous roles requiring a blend of analytical and strategic skills
- Track record of working with cross-functional teams and driving towards optimal outcomes
- Strong data-oriented skill set across (SQL/Looker/Tableau) or a willingness to learn
- A proven track record of running complex, cross-functional, and operational projects, preferably in a high growth environment, from inception to launch
- A capacity to go deep into different functional areas, without losing the big picture
- Curiosity to work on new topics and different areas of the company as needed, whether it’s figuring out how to incubate a new function, or running our OKRs process
- Excellent presentation and writing skills and the ability to clearly communicate messages that link business issues, financial results, and strategy at the executive level
- Hustle & Grit: willingness and desire to take on personal responsibility for the business as a whole and “figure it out”, whether it’s in your exact functional lane or not.
- Experience Working with or in B2B SaaS companies is a plus
Why join us?
Our team is passionate about helping people gain in-demand skills that drive economic independence. To do so, we provide purpose-built software for technical training and workforce operations in industrial environments. Our platform facilitates on-the-job learning and evaluations, validating proficiency for skilled workers. In joining us, you will be a part of that effort. We are agile, scrappy, and will do what it takes to make our vision a reality. We’re backed by top-tier VC’s who share this mission with us.
- Work directly with founders and company leadership on high-priority initiatives
- Develop both entrepreneurial and functional know-how
- Work in a highly collaborative learning environment
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Competitive base salary & benefits
- Remote work initiatives:
- Home office stipend
- L&D program
- Monthly team-building activities (virtual)
- Recurring in-person meet-ups during the year