Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Global Business Operations & Strategy organization consists of four strategic teams: Workforce & Partner Operations; Data Engineering & Analytics, Program Management & Infrastructure; Learning and Development; and Quality Assurance. These teams are responsible for:
Overseeing and improving Square Global Customer Support Operations; inclusive of managing tools, infrastructure, and systems, improving processes, and capitalizing on other opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Determining the standards for productivity, quality, and customer service level agreements. Leading projects end-to-end aimed at increasing quality and efficiency at the Advocate and organizational level.
Gathering and summarizing relevant data, suggesting improvements in tools and systems – subsequently delegating and overseeing project/program completion.
Developing metrics to measure the growth and performance of the team. Providing in-depth reporting and analysis to senior leaders at Square on a regular basis with a focus on customer experience, quality, and workforce management.
Coordinating and managing the development and implementation of key support workflows (and underlying infrastructure) to ensure the team achieves high-quality results while accomplishing service level targets
Managing third-party vendor programs, including KPIs, service performance, and relationship management.
Providing learning solutions, coaching, and ongoing development to the Global CS organization
Providing feedback and guidance to Advocates and Leads on ways to improve the provided experience
We are looking for someone with exceptional organizational and people skills, who will report to our Head of Data Engineering and Analytics, Program Management and Infrastructure Management, and will provide critical support to ensure the success of the entire Operations organization.
- Manage Leadership team processes, including weekly / monthly / quarterly meeting agenda setting, content preparation, action captures and follow up.
- Supporting the Operations leadership team with presentations, reports, internal communications, research, facilitation, decision support, engagement, annual planning & budgeting, and goal setting.
- Supporting the Operations leadership team in managing Governance processes and frameworks.
- Tactically supporting the Operations leadership team and their initiatives as an influencer, organizer and a hands-on contributor, including planning and hosting events.
- Communicating at the executive level and cross-functionally to drive culture, collaboration, and successful outcomes.
- 4+ years as a project manager, coordinator, or similar role.
- Practical experience crafting communications, internal documentation and presentations.
- The ability to organize & run internal meetings, navigate complex schedules, and to facilitate prioritization and governance across an executive leadership team.
- Demonstrated experience working with executives and cross-functionally across the organization.
- A personality that thrives handling multiple competing priorities and excels at organization and delivering against deadlines.
- A passion for handling a wide variety of tasks (“wearing multiple hats”); from performing research, to supporting hiring, to creating content to pitch an idea, to editing a deck for just the right words to support a specific narrative.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.