Handshake (501+ Employees, 171% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are thrilled to announce Handshake’s $200M Series F funding round. At Handshake, we believe that a career opportunity shouldn’t be determined by who you know or what you’ve done. It’s about what you can – and will – do. Your future, not your past. Our Series F fundraise and new valuation of $3.5B will fuel our next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. Handshake’s community includes 20 million students and young alumni around the world from 1,400 educational institutions, including four-year colleges, community colleges, boot camps, and 290+ minority-serving institutions. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 650,000+ employers – from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, nonprofits, and even sports teams like the LA Dodgers. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London and teammates working globally.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring a Business Systems Engineer reporting to the Business Systems Manager on the Revenue Operations team. In this role, you will manage code-based development on the Salesforce platform and play an important role in helping the employer go-to-market team achieve Handshake’s mission of democratizing opportunity. This will include working directly with end users and Handshake leadership to ideate, build, improve, and operationalize processes and integrations within Handshake’s existing Salesforce infrastructure. You will work alongside the Sales, Customer Success, Analytics, Product, Marketing, Finance, and Security teams to build efficient new solutions and improve existing systems for the sales team. You will also assist with Salesforce CPQ development, data integration across various sales systems, and the implementation of new tools for the Employer sales team, becoming an expert in many of Handshake’s go-to-market systems.
Work with the Revenue Operations team to build and improve Salesforce systems and support our growing go-to-market org.
Manage all code-based development on the Salesforce platform, including sandbox management and weekly metadata deployments.
Create and maintain apex classes and triggers on the Salesforce platform, following Salesforce development best practices.
Manage reverse ETL processes that connect our data warehouse to Salesforce.
Maintain and debug asynchronous processes and Salesforce integrations with external tools.
Develop Salesforce CPQ processes to meet growing business needs.
Collaborate with other operations teams (Finance, Support, Marketing) to support integrations between Salesforce and other systems.
Salesforce Platform Developer I certification or equivalent competency.
Comfortable working with Apex code, VisualForce/HTML pages, SFDX, SOQL queries, and other Salesforce metadata.
Expert knowledge of Salesforce apex and development best practices.
Experience setting up custom external API integrations with Salesforce.
Experience using SQL to manipulate data.
Experience working and communicating directly with end-users at a fast-growing company.
Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts with non-technical business users.
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
At least five years of experience as a Business Systems Engineer or Salesforce Developer at a fast-growing SaaS company.
Experience managing projects that impact go-to-market systems from ideation to completion.
Experience with Salesforce CPQ administration (Price Rules, Product Rules, and Quote Templates).
Experience setting up and maintaining Reverse ETL tools (such as Census).
Experience with Marketo and/or NetSuite and their integrations with Salesforce.
Experience with Lightning Components, Lightning Web Components, and/or the Aura framework.
At Handshake, we’ll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Hub-Based Remote Work: Handshakers can enjoy the flexibility of remote work whilst ensuring in-person collaboration, and team experiences remain possible.
- Financial Management with Origin: We provide you with a professional financial planner via Origin to gain a better understanding of making the most of your compensation, equity, benefits, and perks.
- Paid Parental Leave: All new parents at Handshake (both birth and non-birth giving) are encouraged to take time to focus on their growing family and are eligible for paid family leave. US Handshakers are provided up to 16 weeks of paid family leave for birth-giving parents and 10 weeks for non-birth-giving parents.
- Mental Health Assistance: We are here to support you in every step of your mental health journey; our benefits include Employee Assistance Programs that offer counseling support for those eligible.
- Home Office Stipend: Handshake offers $500/£360 for you to spend on setting up a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Team Bonding: Regularly scheduled virtual company-wide and team events! Once it’s safe, we’ll provide meaningful connection points throughout the year for Handshakers to build community and meet teammates in person.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future. Launching Spring 2022, Handshake will offer a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage.
- 2022 Time Off: All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. We also offer 8 standardized holidays, 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off, and 2 one-week periods of Collective Time Off (7/4-7/8/2022) and (12/26-12/30/2022).
- Pension: Handshake matches 3% of your salary towards your pension scheme.
- Healthcare: Handshake’s comprehensive healthcare policy covers 100% of employee premiums & 100% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- 2022 Time Off: Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.