Atlassian (501+ Employees, 122% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is helping businesses transform and reinvent new ways of working for teams all around the world, which is why 83% of Fortune 500 companies use Atlassian products. We’re looking for a passionate Value Engineer to build and scale our Cloud Value Advisory practice.
You will work directly with our direct sales organization and channel partners to accelerate customer decision-making, improve win rates and grow deal size through the use of compelling Return on Investment modeling and clear mapping of capabilities/use cases to value to accelerate outcomes. These efforts will empower our buyer champions to build compelling justification for their senior stakeholders to deliver long-term value for the customer.
You will partner with Enterprise Advocacy, Solution Engineering and Product Marketing teams across the (Americas/EMEA) region to provide consultative support to a select number of our largest customers, while identifying opportunities to build and mature our overall value-selling framework. Through these partnerships, you will use your experience in consultative selling, industry research, and Return on Investment modeling to deliver value in customer engagements through prescriptive insights and methodologies.
Your future team
You will report to the Head of Cloud GTM for Value & Trust at Atlassian, collaborating with teams around the world, including Amsterdam, Manilla, San Francisco, Boston, Austin and Sydney. Travel up to 15-20% may be required for this role. Expect to travel 4x per year to internal events like sales kickoffs and team events, of which 1-2x per year could require international travel. Expect customer-facing travel could grow to 3x per quarter for onsite customer meetings within your geography/continent, as customer demand for in person meetings grows.
What you’ll do
- Create a brand new function at Atlassian designed to mature our engagement with our largest, most strategic customers by overlaying our core account managers with business value subject matter expertise.
- Evolve our value advisory practice through iteration of existing Return on Investment models for scalable use (current state) and development of new standardized workshop templates for value discovery and measurement (future state).
- Work with executive level stakeholders from our customers to drive a compelling, defendable business case centered on the return on investment of Atlassian’s cloud platform (current state) and aligned across multiple solution areas (future state: Agile/DevOps, IT Service Management & Work Management).
- Leverage internal and external research around our customers’ business drivers, market/industry trends, and Atlassian product capabilities to deliver custom business cases to an executive audience.
- Provide thought leadership and expertise on business value and Return on Investment at conferences and events.
- Identify, lead, and contribute to the creation and enablement of new resources and assets to support the field (discovery workshops, best practices, Return on Investment modeling, case studies, TechValidate surveys, Forrester Total Economic Impact reports, etc.).
- Collaborate with sales enablement to establish and provide enablement training on how direct sales and channel partners can best leverage value-based content and collateral for success in their sales pursuits.
- 10+ years of experience in solution sales, value engineering or advisory, management consulting or IT consulting
- An understanding of cloud technologies and the value it presents to customers
- Strong business acumen across some of the key Enterprise verticals/industries that we play in: Financial Services, Retail, Healthcare, Government, Manufacturing and Technology
- Thoughtful Storyteller. You use the principles of storytelling to craft messaging that resonates
- Strong influencing skills
- Experienced in Return on Investment modeling for business outcomes
- Familiarity of operating in a matrix sales organization where success depends on multiple roles working together towards a shared goal
- Ability to balance multiple projects/initiatives running concurrently
- Ability to drive data-driven business decisions
It would be great – but not required – if you have:
- Familiarity with Atlassian’s suite of products
- Experience with workflow management tools, service management tools or collaboration tools
- Experience delivering enablement to sales teams
- Customer-facing experience in a sales/service function
- German or French business language
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .