This is a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, CT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above.
Guild is hiring a Career Resource Manager. As one of Guild’s first career services team members, you will build and maintain resources for our students on career exploration, industries/jobs related to academic programs, internal company information and career navigation skills. Guild strives to support the journeys of millions of working adult learners who are looking to build opportunities for career mobility through education.
Support students, career coaches and cross-functional teams by researching and selecting the most critical information for our students based on program, employer and career goals. There is a wealth of information available about jobs and careers, you will identify what is most important for our students to know and develop student facing materials that increase our students’ chances of success.
- Serve as a specialist on career information within the career services team and cross-functionally
- Equip career coaches and additional student facing teams with the appropriate job and career information to meet the needs of students in alignment with their employer, academic program and goals
- Work with coaching teams to identify student knowledge gaps that career information can solve
- Supervise engagement with career resources to understand effectiveness and advise content delivery method strategies
- Research and stay abreast of standard methodologies, trends and insights related to careers and hiring practices, such as employment trends, hiring partner news, industry developments and more
- Build and maintain career resources to meet the current and future needs of Guild students
- Research industry and job information related to Guild’s most popular academic programs and determine the highest impact information our students need to achieve career mobility
- Identify existing online career resources that meet our students’ most critical career discovery and job search needs
- Create Guild specific career education materials to meet the changing needs of our dynamic student population
- Proactively seek out industry professionals to gain insight into recruiting practices, industry standards, and what it takes to get jobs
- Coordinate cross-functionally to develop and deliver student facing materials that meet the needs of our employer partners, academic partners and diverse student population
- Align student facing materials with the needs of internal partners including employer facing teams, academic partnerships, learning marketplace and student experience
- Collaborate with marketing and product to package clear and high impact career content to students
- Maintain a deep understanding of how career resources impact the success of Guild’s employer and academic partners
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience in career services/career coaching, recruiting, talent management, or related industry
- Successful track record of handling career related content in a corporate or educational career services/talent management environment
- Background in crafting career-related content and developing career resources in various digital forms
- Knowledge of fundamentals of career exploration, effective job search tactics and strategy, and overall career planning and management
- Ability to capture and synthesize large amounts of information in order to develop expertise needed to support the evolving needs of the career services team
- Desire to work in an often ambiguous and frequently changing environment
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- A private workspace with a reliable internet connection
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
- Experience working with non-traditional students at varying levels of education from high school to graduate level
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Familiarity with career coaching and services exclusively in a virtual environment
- Proven success in delivering career services in new and innovative ways to diverse audiences
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation — and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild’s investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $75,000-$85,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We offer 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We offer family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We provide education benefits and tuition assistance to help future development and growth