Stord (201-500 Employees, 390% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Stord is on a mission to make supply chain a competitive advantage for our customers. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines the all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $200M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, and Lineage Logistics at a unicorn valuation of over $1.1 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About the JOB TITLE Position:
(Be sure to discuss where the role sits at Stord and the team that this position would roll up to)
What You’ll Do:
- Develop new and grow existing carrier relationships (lead generation, cold calling, and referrals).
- Build strong relationships with trucking company key contacts (i.e., owner operators, dispatchers and drivers).
- Negotiate price, drive process and improve efficiency.
- Identify issues and work cross-functionally to determine and implement the best solution.
- Maintain constant contact with carriers to secure additional truck capacity and manage existing business agreements.
- Provide exceptional service to carriers and customers.
- Ensure shipment details are accurately communicated and tracked in the system.
- Support the sales department with timely cost quotations, transit times and availability.
- Resolve ad hoc logistics issues.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to persuade, motivate, influence and negotiate with others.
- Ability to thrive under deadlines, drive results, multi-task, and work with a sense of urgency.
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively across the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Driven, enthusiastic, resilient, agile and highly motivated.
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask.
- Start with either a Degree or X years of experience
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.