Polygon (51-200 Employees, 11% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
What is Polygon?
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 20,000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, :140M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
Polygon is seeking a Chief Compliance Officer to oversee and implement Polygon’s global compliance programs. The Chief Compliance Officer will train, manage, and lead a team of compliance members in various jurisdictions and will work alongside the legal department and business functions to ensure relevant compliance programs are enforced at every level.
- Serve as AML compliance officer and manage our global comprehensive compliance program.
- Recommending changes to compliance policies or procedures as needed based on new laws or regulations or changes in business operations
- Develop, lead, and grow our compliance team to scale with business growth.
- Keep up to date on compliance-related developments in relevant jurisdictions impacting the company’s business activities, and continually refine and perfect the company’s compliance programs.
- Manage the application and ongoing maintenance of any necessary licenses or registrations across the company.
- Regularly update and advise relevant legal and business functions, including the company’s executives and founders, on the status of ongoing compliance measures and any needs for compliance in view of proposed or future business strategies.
- Implement compliance training to ensure that employees understand their responsibilities regarding ethics, laws, and regulations
- Serving as a liaison between the company and regulatory agencies
- BA/BS required; JD or other relevant degree is a plus.
- 8+ years of compliance or related experience at a financial services industry, including at least 3 years as either a chief compliance officer or a deputy chief compliance officer (or equivalent).
- Strong knowledge of global regulatory frameworks, including BSA/AML, OFAC/sanctions, money transmitter, and other financial regulatory frameworks potentially relevant to the virtual currency and FinTech space.
- Experience in regulatory compliance in the financial services industry with a VASP, MSB or in the virtual currency industry a plus.
Work from anywhere (Remote first)
Flexible working hours
Flexible vacation policy
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Learn More about Polygon