Clover Health (501+ Employees, 63% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Clover is reinventing healthcare by working to keep people healthier.
The Chief of Staff role at Clover Health is designed to enable our executives and their corresponding verticals to operate at their most efficient. Our Chiefs of Staff rely on their backgrounds in operations, strategy, project management, and process improvement to support the various work streams, goals, and initiatives across their teams and the organization as a whole.
We are looking for a dynamic Chief of Staff to support our Chief Technology Officer (CTO). You will be the right hand to the CTO – driving progress on product development initiatives, and identifying and unblocking areas of risk. In this role you will partner with stakeholders from across the company to set clear goals, craft strategies, and improve execution for our flagship product, the Clover Assistant. You will be expected to work hand-in-hand with our CTO, who leads Product Management, Design, Engineering, Data Science, and other functions, and is accountable for the Clover Assistant. The right person for this role will be metrics and data oriented, creative, passionate, extraordinarily organized, and have the ability to influence and manage wide-scale projects.
As Chief of Staff, you will:
- Support the CTO in leading and executing on key initiatives throughout the product development organization.
- Spearhead complex projects and assist in cross-functional work streams where the CTO is the DRI (e.g. Clover Assistant research & development, international hiring expansion, etc).
- Absorb context quickly and dip in and out of projects meriting deeper support, whether it’s providing high-level direction setting or detailed programmatic support..
- Drive strategic alignment across different orgs, including clinical, commercial, and finance.
- Align teams on the priorities, risks, and statuses, and supply necessary context.
- Track and shepherd company initiatives for the CTO in a consolidated fashion.
- Communicate project and initiative status to the CTO, removing roadblocks when possible and highlighting / escalating at-risk OKRs as needed.
- Develop work plans and pivot quickly as priorities shift.
- Compile special reports, ad hoc presentations, and communications for internal and external stakeholders.
- Enable teams to ensure business OKRs and KPIs are met.
- Drive company-wide processes such as budget and OKR development/ management.
- Act as an advanced scout, researching new potential areas of investment and formulating coherent strategic recommendations.
- Support work in other areas by building cross-functional relationships with key partners across the organization, enabling teams and individuals to achieve goals, and enforcing accountability as needed.
You will love this job if:
- You want to create impact with your work. We are a mission-oriented company, and this role is at the center of how we will differentiate ourselves and affect positive change.
- You are comfortable acting autonomously in ambiguous and dynamic environments. You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary.
- You value collaboration and feedback. You can communicate in clear terms to a variety of stakeholders, from machine learning engineers to primary care physicians.
- You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You jump in to help fix things that are broken, improve processes, and create sustainable systems. You find deep satisfaction in helping others work more effectively.
- You are analytical and data-savvy, but with a heavy bias for action and execution.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 7+ years of experience in high-growth, technology-enabled companies; healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- You have a background in consulting, bizops, finance, R&D operations, or product management. Previous Chief of Staff experience preferred but not required.
- You have experience taking projects from ambiguous early concepts to execution and aligning stakeholders along the journey.
- You are a crisp communicator who's comfortable summarizing and diving into the details, with proven experience presenting to and influencing a wide audience, including executives. Experience with written narrative memo structure preferred.