AbacusNext (201-500 Employees, 12% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
AbacusNext® helps businesses with stringent security and compliance needs grow by providing Compliance-Ready turnkey technology solutions, allowing our clients to leverage the power of cloud computing without the added challenges and expenses of managing complex IT infrastructures on their own.
What does that all mean? Think about the average SMB’s IT environment—it’s a messy spaghetti of vendors, suppliers, and consultants, all with their own agenda, technology and support. We simplify that complexity with a single solution, taking full ownership of the client’s technology outcomes so they can focus on their business.
We are a 35-year-old organization with offices in California, New York, Toronto and Scotland. Our user based is 1.5M users worldwide and includes the full spectrum, from solo proprietors to Fortune 100 clients.
Who We Are
As an end-to-end solutions provider, our products and services portfolio includes virtual desktop (DaaS), private cloud, case management software (CMS), email hosting services, security endpoint protection, business continuity (BCP), and on-premise solutions. Since 1983, we have delivered on-demand services to over 1.5 million users worldwide and are recognized by Forbes as one of America’s fastest growing companies.
We were founded on one simple concept: improving the lives of professionals through the use of technology. Our core competencies serve to simplify the adoption, implementation, and management of technology to quickly increase revenues, reduce costs, and maximize efficiencies, while keeping security and compliance at the forefront. We act like a big start up. We move fast, we grow fast, and we have a growing suite of products.
The Tier 2 Support Engineer takes ownership of complicated technical issues and drives them to resolution. The Tier 2 Support Engineer helps to craft processes, procedures, templates, and tools to help propagate knowledge within the team. The Tier 2 Support Engineer will be instrumental in ensuring that company systems run efficiently, and end users have an optimal experience regarding any computer, application and platform queries. Location: This role is remote and open to candidates in Ontario, Canada
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide client support and technical issue resolution via ticketing system, e-mail, and phone for the Virtual Server Environment.
• Follow standard ADS Support procedures; accurately log tickets using approved tracking software and methods.
• Communicate regularly with other team members about technology issues affecting systems operations and client workflow/production.
• Communicates in a professional, friendly and efficient manner, striving to meet company’s SLA’s
• Assume ownership of escalated issues and drive them to resolution.
• Assist in crafting tools and processes for Tier 1 Support Engineers
• Learn fundamental operations of supported software, hardware, and other as job requires.
• Work with other team members to propagate knowledge to the entire team.
• Complete other duties, projects and scheduled tasks as assigned.
• Configuration and troubleshooting of client’s equipment to connect via Internet/Remote Services
• Configure and troubleshoot hosted applications
• Specialize in specific areas of cloud & Microsoft technology
• Provide training to clients in the use of system and applications and best practice workflows.
• Monitor the health and status of Abacus Private Cloud servers through the use of monitoring utilities.
• Provide creation of new accounts using provided software tools
• Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the company’s vision, mission, and values in all interactions with customer, co-workers and vendors
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years’ experience in a Software troubleshootingclient services role
- Knowledge of accounting and billing; be able to investigate reportsdatabase for any disruption of data and payments.
- Experience with help desk support software and ticketing systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have flexible availability to work statutory holidays and occasional weekends
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Sick Days
- Remote work from home option
- Education reimbursement
- Professional and Financial Growth
- Great culture and environment
- Social, Health, and Wellness Events
- Anniversary Gifts
- Birthday Time Off
Equal Employment Opportunity: AbacusNext is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.