Trek10 (51-200 Employees, 88% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who We Are
Trek10 builds and manages massively scalable cloud architectures using cutting edge AWS technologies. Headquartered in South Bend, IN, we have a local footprint but operate with a global reach. Today we have customers on four continents and from coast to coast in the United States and a global brand for deep expertise. We are a Premier Tier AWS Consulting Partner with the following AWS Partner Competencies: DevOps, Migration, IoT, and SaaS. We have a focus on designing and building serverless / cloud native and IoT systems, DevOps automation, and providing 24/7 AWS infrastructure support. We are pioneering the future of cloud computing and having a lot of fun while we do it!
To better understand the type of cutting edge work we do for our clients, please take a look at some of our case studies.
Cloud Engineer – IoT Focus Position Description
Trek10 is looking for a cloud engineer with a focus on Internet of Things ecosystems to design and build massively scalable systems with remarkably high reliability and low cost on AWS. This is a technical, client-facing role that will enable you to grow your skills technical and non-technical. Joining in this role provides you the opportunity to work with a diverse team of Trek10 architects and engineers that are building the future of technology. This role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Own implementation of defined stories and other work items
- Focus on AWS IoT backends, cloud-native architectures, and highly automated implementation and optimization
- Increasing opportunities to assist with designing, estimating, and planning efforts
- Integrate IoT devices with AWS through protocols like MQTT/HTTP and services such as AWS IoT, API Gateway, and others
- Participate in client-facing conversations presenting and justifying technical decisions and educating them on cloud development and firmware design decisions
- Participate in cross-functional implementation teams to deliver world-class solutions to clients
- Learn skills and share knowledge with other Trek10 team members
- Design support systems and coordinate hand-off to Cloud Operations Support Engineers
- Identify and take lead on opportunities to improve individually and at the organizational level
- Everything else: Write cool blog posts, do talks at community events, help us achieve additional certifications in the AWS Partner Community, help our clients solve all sorts of problems.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years experience in IT, computer science/software engineering/or similar degree
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, code-defined infrastructure, configuration management tools, and CI/CD
- Significant programming experience, our languages of choice are Python and Node.js
- C/C++ a plus
- Experience with the AWS IoT Suite of services: AWS IoT Core, AWS IoT Greengrass, AWS IoT SiteWise, etc.
- Experience with M2M protocols such as MQTT, TLS, HTTP, etc.
- Strongly preferred
- Experience with serverless/cloud-native systems
- Some experience with embedded system software design
- Be challenged. Work with a team of super bright individuals. Work in a rapidly evolving industry that is growing at blazing speed.
- Flexibility. Like to work from home? In your closet? In the shower? If you get the job done go for it.
- Have fun—Trek10 is home to great nerds.
- Get paid. Of course. We have competitive salaries, medical insurance, and other benefits available.
- Robust training and continuous learning environment and support.
- Develop a skill set that will set you up for long term professional growth and development.