Freight and logistics are the lifeblood of our economy. Axle is a financial services company that keeps the supply chain moving by providing freight intermediaries a software-based solution that automates operational overhead & time-consuming back-office processes, so they can maintain better control of their cash flow.
We’re processing millions of dollars in payments each week and growing 30% month over month. To sustain this growth, we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team.
We see Axle as a constant work-in-progress, and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. Our core values are tenacity, curiosity, empathy and transparency, which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in the company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well and have a team-first mentality. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help others in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term.
We are intentionally a fully-remote team and have team members across all time zones.
Axle is a consciously diverse workplace – across the organization and within each team. We are committed to equitable hiring, training, and advancement. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
We’re looking for a smart and ambitious Collections Manager to join our growing team.
As an early member of the team, you will:
- Manage a team of outsourced collection specialists
- Communicate with our client’s customers in order to establish strong working relationships
- Meaningfully impact the culture of our team and the trajectory of the company
- Specifically, you will be the lead on:
- Collecting quickly on all invoices purchased by the account managers
- Manage a team of outsourced collectors
- Setting policy and direction for all “Debtor Facing “ initiatives
- Ensuring that Axle maintains the high level of collection excellence that our clients have come to expect
- Minimum of 3-5 years collection management experience
- Collection management at a freight brokerage or factoring company preferred
- Demonstrates exceptional client service skills and should have an impeccable track record of coordination with debtors for prompt collection of invoices
- Experience in default/workout management situations
- Knowledge of factoring is a must; transportation factoring is a plus, factoring for a brokerage would be an exceptional qualifier
Nice to Have
- Experience managing outsourced vendors
- Experience with fintech or logistics
- Credit management experience
- Cash posting and unidentified cash management
- Generous Option Grant
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote
- Quarterly Offsites
- Home Office Build-Out Allowance
- Professional Development Allowance
- Healthcare Reimbursement for Premiums and Medical/Dental/Vision Expenses
- Cell Phone Plan Reimbursement
- Home Internet Reimbursement
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- 401K Program
- TechCrunch: Series A Raise
- FreightWaves Industry Article: Startup aims to democratize freight broker financing
- Crunchbase Funding Announcement: Axle Drives Freight Broker Financing Platform Forward With $27.7M
- Why We Invested: Axle
- Customer Reviews: Reviews.io
- Customer Reviews: Trustpilot.com
- Quickbooks Integration Announcement