NerdWallet (501+ Employees, 55% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
NerdWallet provides clarity for all of life’s financial decisions thru their finance website and app.
NerdWallet is looking for a Commercial Contracts Attorney to join our Legal team. You will be responsible for managing a large volume of vendor and revenue agreements, and work closely with NerdWallet’s finance, accounting, and business development teams and other key business units to guide agreements through review, negotiation, and execution.
Where you can make an impact:
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide range of legal agreements, such as license agreements, marketing and advertising agreements, NDAs, and other commercial transactional agreements.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from product, business development, finance, marketing, and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Champion NerdWallet’s mission, ethics and integrity by ensuring compliance with NerdWallet’s policies and procedures to protect the company from risk, comply with applicable laws and regulations, and are in line with NerdWallet values.
- Advise and educate business and cross functional stakeholders on legal issues that may include regulatory issues, agreement structures and approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP, and negotiation strategy.
- Support the continuous improvement of NerdWallet and the legal department by identifying and implementing improvements in processes, forms, and operations.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- JD degree and must be admitted to the bar in which this position is located and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in the state in which the position is located.
- 3-5 years of experience advising on corporate transactional and commercial agreements.
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, services agreements, advertising and affiliate marketing agreements, and NDAs.
- Ability to provide pragmatic, business-oriented advice and to balance risks and business rewards with dedication to customer service.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to triage a heavy workflow and set appropriate priorities with clients and deliver efficient results. Ability and interest in developing expertise in new, complex subject areas.
- Experience in a financial regulatory area is a plus (for example insurance, mortgage, consumer loans, banking, or investing).
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays + Mental Health Days
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- WiFi stipend, work from home equipment stipend, and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources