Allstate (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re looking for a strong communicator and project manager to join our CEO Stakeholder Relations team, which helps support the Chair, President and CEO of Allstate. By facilitating events, communications and stakeholder relationships, the Lead Consultant helps accelerate Allstate’s competitive advantage through reputation, increase confidence in Allstate’s business strategy and create a more purpose-driven culture. They build relationships within and outside the Corporate Brand department, and across leadership levels.
The Corporate Brand department creates value by building and protecting Allstate’s reputation. We drive action and advocacy among key stakeholders by telling Allstate’s story. We’re talented, creative, passionate and strategic individuals who work together to achieve common goals.
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
- Communication Strategy and Planning: Develop and implement short- and long-range CEO positioning and communication plans reaching one or more of Allstate’s key stakeholders (employees, consumers, customers, agents, opinion leaders, policymakers and investors) to improve Allstate’s reputation.
- Content Creation and CEO Prep: Draft and edit communications and correspondence to and for high-level executive, business and thought leader audiences. Ensure the CEO is prepared for media interviews and public speaking engagements by gathering concise and thorough briefing documents using Word and PowerPoint. Master the voice, tone and style of the CEO for effective in-person, virtual and written communications. Stay abreast of current events and research a wide range of topics. Share knowledge through article summaries and proof points; draft remarks and key messages.
- Project Management: Work with a team to develop, coordinate and execute CEO requests, briefing materials, communication plans and events with a strong attention to detail. Meet deadlines and adjust to shifting priorities. Coordinate work of junior team members. Help plan and execute large-scale programs and events.
- Strategic Communication Counsel for Business Areas and Leaders: Provide insights and counsel to advance issues and initiatives important to the CEO and Allstate. Support communication managers and senior managers in providing strategic communication counsel to business leaders. Serve as a liaison between the department and other business areas, business partners and/or internal/external partners and vendors. Partner with enterprise communication teams to guide, influence and support communication plans.
- Data-Driven Planning: Research and use stakeholder data and analytics insights to inform communication plans and tactics and measure their effectiveness; use insights to recommend and implement enhancements.
External Media Relations: Work with the PR/media team to attract and secure top-tier media placements on behalf of the CEO in traditional and social media channels (owned, earned and paid), and on internal communication platforms.
- Champion of Culture and Change: Help develop and/or support communication strategies and tactics to create an inclusive, empowering and purpose-driven corporate culture. Demonstrate a positive, open and flexible mindset during times of change and ambiguity and encourage others through change.
- Resource Allocation and Budget Management: Help manage project and program budgets, including monthly forecasts.
- Government Relations, Public Affairs, Law and Regulation: Help lead the execution of CEO communications and plans in support of public policy and regulatory initiatives that impact the insurance and financial industry.
- Critical Thinking: Through analytical thinking and problem-solving, identify root causes and obstacles behind issues or needs, consider stakeholder reactions and offer potential communication solutions. Exercise sound judgement and decision-making when dealing with confidential information.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communication, marketing, journalism or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in corporate communication or public relations preferred; insurance or financial services business acumen a plus.
Compensation offered for this role is $80,500.00-$134,800.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click ‘here‘ for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click ‘here‘ for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster click ‘here‘. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click ‘here‘. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.