Stack Overflow (501+ Employees, 68% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Stack Overflow empowers the world to develop technology through collective knowledge. More than 100 million people visit Stack Overflow every month, making it one of the most-visited websites in the world.
Best known for its public platform, Stack Overflow helps people find the answers they need, when they need them. That includes serving up relevant technologies to the community through Stack Overflow Advertising, providing direct access to technology-specific subject matter experts with Collectives™, sharing more about companies as future employers, and helping teams scale with its market-leading knowledge sharing and collaboration platform, Stack Overflow for Teams.
What you’ll do:
As a Communications Manager on the Communications team, you’ll join a cross-disciplinary team of marketers focused on amplifying the Stack Overflow brand, growing thought leadership programs, and influencing brand messaging. Some projects you will work on include:
- Collaborating with Brand Designers, Marketers, Product and Engineering Stackers to produce Marketing collateral across print and digital which shape the brand.
- Work with the data-side of the marketing team to analyze trends, craft stories, and amplify insights.
- Partnering with our Senior Leadership Team on the talks and messaging they cascade to our community, customers, and prospects.
- Drive strategy within Communications and with other Marketing team members to pitch and execute on ideas to raise the awareness of our Brand.
What you’ll need to have:
- Creative thinking and the ability to translate technical concepts into easily understood brand narratives
- Organized communicator with an affinity for project management
- At least five years of prior communications experience with B2B tech brands (experience at a SaaS company preferred)
- Strong writing skills and experience writing and editing a wide range of marketing content
- Experience developing and writing talk tracks for executives (both technical and otherwise)
- Writing to length and being aware of how responsive websites can affect the flow of copy
- Clear communicator with an understanding of employee communications channels
- Self-motivated, proactive strategic thinking
- Living and working within GMT-7:00 (US) to GMT+2:00 (Europe) time zones
Nice to have:
- Experience working remotely and/or working with teams that are distributed geographically
- Knowledge of how Stack Overflow works and familiarity with our platform and products
- Experience with community-based applications
- A diverse writing portfolio including some or all of: long-form, advertising, product and sub-editing skills.
- Understanding of marketing campaigns and B2B website mechanics
- Empathy for, and understanding of, developers (how they think, work, learn, communicate, etc).
- Insight into the most important trends in the SaaS space and what motivates developers, engineers, and CTOs/CIOs.
- Internal communications experience
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary between $112,000 and $140,000 USD
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Wellness stipend
- If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office, you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams, etc.). While we’re generally very flexible on working hours, living and working within GMT-7:00 to GMT+2:00 time zones (U.S. through Europe) is required for scheduling and interaction with your team. We also believe in strong work-life balance and are focused on making sure you have a positive work experience, in-office or remotely.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.