Xsolla (201-500 Employees, 22% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are looking for a self-motivated and talented Communications Manager to oversee all external communications for Xsolla. In this position, you will be in charge of producing high-quality content that engages customers and builds brand recognition. This position sits with our Marketing Team and may supervise internal and/or external teams. The chosen candidate will report up to our VP of Marketing. This role will be based in our Cary, NC office and is remote to start.
Your main duties will also include facilitating the creation of informative content, press releases, articles, and media opportunities to share our company’s brand, products, and services. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, with brilliant presentation and organizational skills.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with stakeholders to develop and manage a cohesive communications strategy
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related marketing materials
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build customer loyalty programs, brand awareness, and customer satisfaction
- Manage media relations
- Partner with PR Agency on strategy and execution
- Manage communications budget
- Prepare detailed media activity reports
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all PR materials
- Work with different marketing departments to generate new ideas and strategies
- Supervise projects to guarantee all content is publication-ready
- Create communication and PR strategies for new products, launches, events, and promotions
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner
- Review requests for executive interviews and outreach from industry publications that include gaming and fintech press
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Previous experience working in business-to-business communications and/or video game communications
- Extensive list of media contacts within the video game industry
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial environment
- Extensive list of business and financial media contacts
- Communications experience for a global organization
- Crisis management experience
FREEDOM TO ACT:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while achieving a high degree of accuracy and meeting deadlines
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life) + More!
- Matching 401K
- Generous FTO Policy
- Career Development + Growth Opportunities
- Entrepreneurial, Supportive + Fun Work Culture!
Xsolla is the video game commerce company, powered by its Transaction Engine and Business Engine, that helps developers and publishers market, sell, connect and optimize their games globally. Serving only the video game industry, the Xsolla Transaction Engine powers the full suite of cloud-based tools to promote and monetize projects, while Xsolla Business Engine provides clients with the roadmap to maximize those tools, and connect them with industry partnerships to expand their business. The two work seamlessly together — for businesses of all sizes, from indie to enterprise — to solve the complexities of distribution, marketing and monetization so they can increase their audience, sales and revenue. Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices worldwide, Xsolla operates as a merchant and seller of record for major gaming entities like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games and KRAFTON. For more information, please visit www.xsolla.com.
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability, mental and physical, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other terms deemed by the State of California.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to [email protected].
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game!