BentoBox (201-500 Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About BentoBox & Our Mission
The BentoBox Marketing and Commerce Platform delivers a seamless guest experience dedicated to accelerating growth and helping restaurants thrive. BentoBox empowers modern restaurants to build their online presence, diversify revenue, engage with diners, and increase operational efficiency. To do so, the platform includes products such as websites, ordering (online ordering, pre-order & catering, gift cards, merchandise, tickets), events management, and marketing tools.
Over 8,000 restaurant concepts worldwide rely on BentoBox as their digital front door. BentoBox is trusted and loved by hospitality groups such as José Andrés’s ThinkFoodGroup and Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group and independent restaurants including Emmy Squared, Suerte, and The Meatball Shop. In November 2021, Fiserv, a leading global provider of payments and financial services technology that enables 200,000 restaurants to deliver differentiating experiences, acquired BentoBox. The acquisition will allow BentoBox to support more restaurants than ever before.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Communications Specialist to shape the future of internal communications at BentoBox and support the current external communications team. This proactive, articulate, and emotionally intelligent person will communicate business goals and strategy updates, engage employees, and drive a mission-driven culture. The Communications Specialist is on the brand marketing team and will report to the SVP of Brand Marketing.
What You’ll Do:
- Create, manage, and effectively execute an internal communications plan that drives a transparent and collaborative culture
- Work cross-functionally with the leadership team and Employer Branding and Engagement Manager to communicate goals, translate strategies, and share initiatives with all employees across the organization
- Oversee company-wide internal meetings including setting the agenda, creating materials, facilitating the meeting, gathering feedback, and communicating results
- Proactively identify new programs and initiatives that improve our communications process
- Support the PR team with research, editing, and communicating results
- Champion the brand’s story across the organization
Experience We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience in a communications role at an enterprise organization or media agency, internal communications experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with excellent grammar and writing skills
- Skilled at creating presentations and translating information into easy to understand materials
- An articulate, natural-born leader with a strong executive presence
- Passionate for building internal relationships and enabling a highly-collaborative culture
- Have a goal-oriented approach to all tasks and initiatives
- Passionate about improving the hospitality industry and bringing our principles to life
Perks of Joining Us:
We’re building a hybrid workforce, all or most of our roles can be worked remotely, regardless of location, unless specified.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Generous time off programs including paid parental leave
- Holistic wellness program
- Employee resource groups
- Professional development, growth and support
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Important Information on BentoBox’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In order to protect our community, BentoBox requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. BentoBox complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.